DD 715? or something else..?

Gotcha. That would be pretty cool.
yes i figured that too haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif, btw do you/anyone know if the DD 715 is a suitable woofer for the really low end bass? around 40-25Hz? basically thats all i want

yes i figured that too haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif, btw do you/anyone know if the DD 715 is a suitable woofer for the really low end bass? around 40-25Hz? basically thats all i want
Yep it will do just fine.

That or a TC-sounds driver. If you're getting a good price for the DD, get it, but make sure you build a proper box for that low end extension. Dayton drivers are also well suited for HT.
yes i I'm going to build a box for it, and if I'm correct the box must be quite large and with a long and relatively big port area? and that got me thinking.. what is a "too big" box..?

yes i I'm going to build a box for it, and if I'm correct the box must be quite large and with a long and relatively big port area? and that got me thinking.. what is a "too big" box..?
You don't need a lot of port. They are efficient subs. 15sq per cube will be perfect. 5 cubes net tune at 28 for HT use

if it is the best buy out there?
It depends on what the price is (what is the price ?). I was looking at some DD 712s but the local dealers wanted too much (they wanted mid $300s for an overseas sub which was a joke). You can get a sub assembled here with mostly USA parts for the same price.
If you can get a good deal then it might be a good option (there good subs, it's just the dealers usually mark them up so you're basically just paying for DD's name)

It depends on what the price is (what is the price ?). I was looking at some DD 712s but the local dealers wanted too much (they wanted mid $300s for an overseas sub which was a joke). You can get a sub assembled here with mostly USA parts for the same price.
If you can get a good deal then it might be a good option (there good subs, it's just the dealers usually mark them up so you're basically just paying for DD's name)
Never seen a DD dealer go over MSRP. What dealers near you mark them up?

Never seen a DD dealer go over MSRP. What dealers near you mark them up?
They didn't go over MSRP (MSRP was mid 300s). "Too much" wasn't in relation to MSRP (In was in relation to every single mid tier and up brand out there comparatively speaking).
They didn't budge which is crazy when the MSRP is over inflated like that (mid 300s for a 712 is laughable ).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.