DD 715? or something else..?

They didn't go over MSRP (MSRP was mid 300s). "Too much" wasn't in relation to MSRP (In was in relation to every single mid tier and up brand out there comparatively speaking).
They didn't budge which is crazy when the MSRP is over inflated like that (mid 300s for a 712 is laughable ).
That makes more sense as my local dealer is almost the same way (he is just the store manager as I have never met the owner), but I can talk him down eventually since I do buy all my install stuff from him. My next purchase is a pair of VO-B2 tweeters from him within the next week, going to try to haggle to $150 for a pair cash, try is the key word.

That makes more sense as my local dealer is almost the same way (he is just the store manager as I have never met the owner), but I can talk him down eventually since I do buy all my install stuff from him. My next purchase is a pair of VO-B2 tweeters from him within the next week, going to try to haggle to $150 for a pair cash, try is the key word.
I tried talking a bit (buying a pair, paying cash) and the most I could talk down MSRP at 4 dealers was $340 each (so $30 off each one). It was werid because all 4 dealers came way down on amplifiers (All four did $650 or less cash for the m2c which is MSRP $819).
I did have a 5th dealer ask over MSRP for the redline 712 but I don't think he even knew what it was (he shuffled a bunch of papers around and then said in a confusing tone "uhhh 399 ?").

I don't see a local dealer coming down $100-130 bucks each sub which is what I thought it was worth.

The TC said he can get a sweet deal so depending on price I would jump on it

I tried talking a bit (buying a pair, paying cash) and the most I could talk down MSRP at 4 dealers was $340 each (so $30 off each one). It was werid because all 4 dealers came way down on amplifiers (All four did $650 or less cash for the m2c which is MSRP $819).
I did have a 5th dealer ask over MSRP for the redline 712 but I don't think he even knew what it was (he shuffled a bunch of papers around and then said in a confusing tone "uhhh 399 ?").

I don't see a local dealer coming down $100-130 bucks each sub which is what I thought it was worth.

The TC said he can get a sweet deal so depending on price I would jump on it
Which shops near here? So I know to avoid them.

Which shops near here? So I know to avoid them.
I called pretty much every DD dealer in Dallas and one in Arlington.
If you need a box this is the guy to go to (he has built and restored over 200 cars in his life, no one can touch him in terms of raw craftsmanship and knowledge) https://www.facebook.com/thumpinsounddesigns/timeline?ref=page_internal He's a dealer for Sundown/American Bass (those are the one's he sells directly) and he'll build a box for any brand

Earmark Plano is the best shop in terms of talented installers but the items they sell are way overpriced (they only deal in highend SQ). It's a good place to get a proper tune for a setup that's already been installed

I called pretty much every DD dealer in Dallas and one in Arlington.
If you need a box this is the guy to go to (he has built and restored over 200 cars in his life, no one can touch him in terms of raw craftsmanship and knowledge) https://www.facebook.com/thumpinsounddesigns/timeline?ref=page_internal He's a dealer for Sundown/American Bass (those are the one's he sells directly) and he'll build a box for any brand

Earmark Plano is the best shop in terms of talented installers but the items they sell are way overpriced (they only deal in highend SQ). It's a good place to get a proper tune for a setup that's already been installed
Awesome, I'll look them up when I have work done on the accord. Don't want to mess with it myself. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.