please don't flame me or call me names. Will it work or not

Ok so my truck is old and beat up but I want to give it a bit of shine. I got to do a bit of body work. As far as my paint I want something that looks ok but not dull. I like the idea of the $50 paint job with the roller. But the how would it come out if I did a primer, silver base, then roll on the candy paint. I've seen they have a powder mix I can mix into a clear or thinner. But will it be fine to roll on. I'm not looking for the top of line paint job, just something better then what I have now....I'm looking for someone who has a sprayer that can do it for me but if not I'm willing to do it

I would not do that. Just saying

My Silverado is under construction AGAIN http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/621466-alexs-silverado.html

Love is when she licks your butthole and try's to kiss you and u smack her but she doesn't get mad because she know that nasty and she in the wrong
Fuck me running. Even I wouldnt eat stripper snatch.
I would rather beat you to death with a garden rake then talk politics with you due to your overwhelming ignorance.
A three legged hooker walks into a bar. Yadda Yadda Yadda, I ended up sucking a dick.
When that hooker turns out to have a cock. That's bigger than yours.
If I had $2,000, I wouldn't be running kicker comps.

50 bucks and some time. Do it and show us the results!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

candy gets its luster/shine/depth by doing multiple layers... i dont think it would work. I painted an s-10 with a harbor freight gun candy red and it looked **** good!

REFS:

Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)

sorry man but ford will always be a ford. ford is the sony xplod of cars and trucks. you had bad experiences with chevy because your a ford guy. its what seperates the men from the boys. friend billy use to drive a ford. he drives a chevy now. they call him billy no more. hes known as bill now..

candy gets its luster/shine/depth by doing multiple layers... i dont think it would work. I painted an s-10 with a harbor freight gun candy red and it looked **** good!

You can roll on as many candy coats right....I'm looking for someone with a sprayer. I don't mind spending a few hundred to get someone to do a few coats plus a topcoat....

I just know candy cost at least $2-3k....worst case I will roll on the primer and silver base myself with a lot of wet sanding

You can roll on as many candy coats right....I'm looking for someone with a sprayer. I don't mind spending a few hundred to get someone to do a few coats plus a topcoat....

I just know candy cost at least $2-3k....worst case I will roll on the primer and silver base myself with a lot of wet sanding

i spent about $400 on everything bro,wish i could find the pics. I was 18 and had no experience, came out real nice.

REFS:

Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)

sorry man but ford will always be a ford. ford is the sony xplod of cars and trucks. you had bad experiences with chevy because your a ford guy. its what seperates the men from the boys. friend billy use to drive a ford. he drives a chevy now. they call him billy no more. hes known as bill now..

i spent about $400 on everything bro,wish i could find the pics. I was 18 and had no experience, came out real nice.

Not bad. I don't mind spending that. My only problem which has me even asking about rolling is that I live in an apartment and don't have a house could spray at...

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Would it be hard to do in an empty parking lot

Not bad. I don't mind spending that. My only problem which has me even asking about rolling is that I live in an apartment and don't have a house could spray at...

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

The wind, contaminates, overspray on nearby vehicles. If I caught some dude spraying his car anywhere near mine I'd lose my **** and do very bad things. Find a garage to rent or something. Adds $ unless you got a friend

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i painted my bike fairings marble colbalt blue/black. i used my 3 gallon compressor, a $11.99 spray gun from harbor freight, a $1.99 inline water filter, and paint from "thecoatingstore.com"

you will have a problem with the urethane paint fumes in the neighbors houses lol

i did primer black, jet black base, silver metallic( which i used plastic wrap to create marble effect) then followed 3 coats candy colbalt blue, then 3 coats 2k clear. result :

k8gGCIOl.jpg

Avinusa HU for 2007 Honda Crv

Electrical : Duracell Grp 34 AGM with Big3

front stage : Sundown Sae 50.4 on DB651s

Sub amp : AB 4480.1

Subs : 2) Sundown SA-12s @1 ohm in 3.8cu'ft @ 32hz

honestly, I would spray paint it before I did the roller paint job.

digital designs 9512h with cf cap

sundown saz 3000d at 2 ohms

meca legal 141.3 db on the headrest with a 34hz tuned daily box

please don't flame me or call me names. Will it work or not

Ok so my truck is old and beat up but I want to give it a bit of shine. I got to do a bit of body work. As far as my paint I want something that looks ok but not dull. I like the idea of the $50 paint job with the roller. But the how would it come out if I did a primer, silver base, then roll on the candy paint. I've seen they have a powder mix I can mix into a clear or thinner. But will it be fine to roll on. I'm not looking for the top of line paint job, just something better then what I have now....I'm looking for someone who has a sprayer that can do it for me but if not I'm willing to do it

so your gonna use a roller to apply paint that cost upwards of 1500 a pint ... with a paint roller? primer grey would look better as would any flat black cheap... or i mean hey maaco does paint jobs for 299 out the door... that will be less than the paint itsself..

The wind, contaminates, overspray on nearby vehicles. If I caught some dude spraying his car anywhere near mine I'd lose my **** and do very bad things. Find a garage to rent or something. Adds $ unless you got a friend

i went to carter lumber, got some plastic wrap for free.. stapled/taped all seams and had exhaust fan to help remove fumes, also keeps overspray from sticking to wet paint. You can also see that i have the "explosion proof" exhaust fan installed.. dont try this at home kids!

ghetto style:http://i.imgur.com/LeKDUNR.jpg

i painted my bike fairings marble colbalt blue/black. i used my 3 gallon compressor, a $11.99 spray gun from harbor freight, a $1.99 inline water filter, and paint from "thecoatingstore.com"

you will have a problem with the urethane paint fumes in the neighbors houses lol

i did primer black, jet black base, silver metallic( which i used plastic wrap to create marble effect) then followed 3 coats candy colbalt blue, then 3 coats 2k clear. result :

k8gGCIOl.jpg

How exactly did you get that effect?

Looks great

My Silverado is under construction AGAIN http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/621466-alexs-silverado.html

Love is when she licks your butthole and try's to kiss you and u smack her but she doesn't get mad because she know that nasty and she in the wrong
I would rather beat you to death with a garden rake then talk politics with you due to your overwhelming ignorance.
A three legged hooker walks into a bar. Yadda Yadda Yadda, I ended up sucking a dick.

k8gGCIOl.jpg

that looks really good... like dipped quality...

How exactly did you get that effect?

Looks great

ok.. short version is this. candy paint means no more than a translucent paint. it only shows itself with the right color under it.

so that said, i started with a black, then waited for it to flash.. then adjusted nozzel to spray a little wetter and covered black with a metallic silver. this is actually what makes the blue show up..

While the silver is still wet( i mean within seconds of laying it down) have plastic wrap from your wifes drawer ready to go and lay it on the wet silver paint.pat it carefully so set it on paint and peal off. will resemble this:

Then apply 3 coats ( or your preference) of your candy paint followed by 3 coats of clear.

im gonna edit this in a few min when pics upload

heres full bike : http://i.imgur.com/BC3mzr2.jpg you can see the sun lighting doesnt do justice here on the gloss..

ok.. short version is this. candy paint means no more than a translucent paint. it only shows itself with the right color under it.

so that said, i started with a black, then waited for it to flash.. then adjusted nozzel to spray a little wetter and covered black with a metallic silver. this is actually what makes the blue show up..

While the silver is still wet( i mean within seconds of laying it down) have plastic wrap from your wifes drawer ready to go and lay it on the wet silver paint.pat it carefully so set it on paint and peal off. will resemble this:

Then apply 3 coats ( or your preference) of your candy paint followed by 3 coats of clear.

heres full bike : http://i.imgur.com/BC3mzr2.jpg

Awesome, thanks!

You paint is only as good as your prep. If your existing paint is bad you'll need to do an awful lot of sanding then use a tack cloth. Ideally you'll do it in a proper paint booth because not only is overspray a nuisance, but any dust or pollen or anything in the air will mess up your finish. After painting you need wet sanding, then buffing, then clearcoat, then buffing again. Doing paint RIGHT is labor intensive and at bare minimum you'll need a good bit of sandpaper, tape, tack cloths, and a booth. From there I've got great results with just cans of paint (on small areas).

You might consider plasti-dip as a substitute since it's thick enough to be forgiving if you don't know how to lay paint on, and if you really botch a section you can just peel it off.

heres full bike : http://i.imgur.com/BC3mzr2.jpg you can see the sun lighting doesnt do justice here on the gloss..

thats one sexyyyyyyy bike man... nice work...

a few pics i said id add. the rims are a textured alloy, so i didnt bother with a makeshit paint booth again as i wasnt worried about dust of overspray in this case.. this quick and easy as orange peel texture is the natural texture of the rims

Rims as stock:

http://i.imgur.com/daroIYa.jpg

Rims primered and painted black:

http://i.imgur.com/ayKS50J.jpg

Rims "Marbled" with the silver:

http://i.imgur.com/JhKItGG.jpg

3 coats candy colbalt and clear:

http://i.imgur.com/Vz4AUAn.jpg

tape removed while paint still wet:

http://i.imgur.com/bN8bzyO.jpg

Hope this helps show marbling process

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

thats one sexyyyyyyy bike man... nice work...

not bad for 17 years old eh?? lol

so your gonna use a roller to apply paint that cost upwards of 1500 a pint ... with a paint roller? primer grey would look better as would any flat black cheap... or i mean hey maaco does paint jobs for 299 out the door... that will be less than the paint itsself..

Candy has came along way. You can get the mix for under $20.

https://www.paintwithpearl.com/shop-custom-paint/candy-concentrate/

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now