Viper 5706v won't start my 2010 Chevy Malibu

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lopezjorge123

I just finished installing the viper 5706v with the directed DBALL2. I have it hooked up W2W not D2D. I followed wiring diagrams to the T and I'm having a problem with the remote start function. The alarm seems to be working fine. Lock,unlock,trunk, work just fine. Yet doest star the car. After about an hour of troubleshooting I notice that it does work if the key is inserted in the off position and it will shut off after the preset time too. Normally A sign that a bypass is needed, but I do have one, I programmed the key over and over but it was the same. I also reflashed the DBALL2 but still the same problem. Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong? thanks in advance

Did you connect the remote start to the correct ignition wire?

The year comes default with remote start so it may still have the old one active

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Yes this car only has 1 ignition wire. I double and triple checked my wiring. I'm really starting to think its a faulty dball2 I can't think of what may be keeping it from starting the car. BTW, it didn't have remote start from factory. It's the LS version.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.