The Camry

Curious. Anyone got experience installing a center channel?

Anyone got pics of how they installed a center channel?

Placement and the like. Ive been reading up on it and i know your supposed to use the same size driver as you have for your midrange driver. Wether that be your door speaker or actual dedicated midrange 4" driver.

they can use a mid tweeter like a CDT ES-02 crossed 1k and up with center tweeter pods.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

they can use a mid tweeter like a CDT ES-02 crossed 1k and up with center tweeter pods.

You mean just use the CDT driver and put it in a tweeter pod or use the driver along with some tweeters.

You mean just use the CDT driver and put it in a tweeter pod or use the driver along with some tweeters.

yeah like this http://www.amazon.com/CS-020X-Audio-CenterStage-ES-02-Mid-Tweeters/dp/B0048HEVQK Its not really a tweeter when it can play that low though. I actually have these and have been lazy in installing them for a year and a half now... lol.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

WElll install them and let me know how it goes

yeah like this http://www.amazon.com/CS-020X-Audio-CenterStage-ES-02-Mid-Tweeters/dp/B0048HEVQK Its not really a tweeter when it can play that low though. I actually have these and have been lazy in installing them for a year and a half now... lol.

My friend Shadow ran these before he used his HKs in pods he built, and have to say that this CDT set up sounded pretty Bazz!!

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

My friend Shadow ran these before he used his HKs in pods he built, and have to say that this CDT set up sounded pretty Bazz!! Double post batman!

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

Well in a future build. I was considering running HSK XL's Front stage with a ms8.

A center channel

Take my current ESK's and put them in the back deck as rearfill from the ms8 5.1

and use the last ms8 channel as a sub out.

Seems like these would work as a center channel. How do they wire up?

You want a coax for the center channel. 400hz and up.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

You want a coax for the center channel. 400hz and up.

Any recommendations?

Well in a future build. I was considering running HSK XL's Front stage with a ms8.

A center channel

Take my current ESK's and put them in the back deck as rearfill from the ms8 5.1

and use the last ms8 channel as a sub out.

Seems like these would work as a center channel. How do they wire up?

Im didnt help him wire them up, but I the only thing I didnt like was the Volume/adjustable knob seemed bulky on the one he had/first version, but he did find a place to mount it through the dash eventually.I thought it was connected left and right off the frnt amp power with the knob for adjustments??/Volume. He ended up with the Milles in pods on the doors and the mids and tweets in pods on the dash off the gladden 250.2, and sounded amazing.Blew these out of course, but for the money, They sound fantastic from my listening experience,and the money.Id run these over a single center speaker any day

Im didnt help him wire them up, but I the only thing I didnt like was the Volume/adjustable knob seemed bulky on the one he had/first version, but he did find a place to mount it through the dash eventually.I thought it was connected left and right off the frnt amp power with the knob for adjustments??/Volume. He ended up with the Milles in pods on the doors and the mids and tweets in pods on the dash off the gladden 250.2, and sounded amazing.Blew these out of course, but for the money, They sound fantastic from my listening experience,and the money.Id run these over a single center speaker any day

Sounds confusing as hell to wire.

Sounds confusing as hell to wire.

ES 02 Black CDT Audio 2" Ultra High End Mids Tweeters Drivers ES 02BL New | eBay

Id run these..of course youd have to place them in a pod or make pods..Wire to your existing power upfront if you are @4ohms now, youll be at 2 ohms afterwards,or split rcas and run a small amp

If you run a single center, seems like you would be stealing power from either left side or right side rather than both to stay equal power

If you run a single center, seems like you would be stealing power from either left side or right side rather than both to stay equal power

best to stay at an equal range than an odd..at lest with the dual dash center set up, you have power wired from left and right to stay equal on power rather than stealing from one side or the other,and having a knob to adjust the volume/have control over range so to speak, and they already are sitting in pods and look great as well as sound on the dual center stage center CDT setup,the other two mids,will need pods, and a seperate amp for supply,and you will have to set the gain/no adjustments at your fingertips so to speak

ES 02 Black CDT Audio 2" Ultra High End Mids Tweeters Drivers ES 02BL New | eBay

Id run these..of course youd have to place them in a pod or make pods..Wire to your existing power upfront if you are @4ohms now, youll be at 2 ohms afterwards,or split rcas and run a small amp

id have to run a small amp because its a dedicated rcas from the ms8 for the center channel... i think

[quote name='Jscoyne2']id have to run a small amp because its a dedicated rcas from the ms8 for the center channel... i think[/QUOTE]

You can still do that with the dual CDT setup..be better really to have its own power.I think you have either choice with them thinking about it now @Jeffdachef has the specs booklet that he could pull out and tell us exactly for sure..Ill bet you can either add them with another amp supply or add to existing

Id ask Mylows10, but Im sure he is recovering at the time of loss atm,and I wouldnt want to bother him atm

I will say that the CDT Dual center ch set up sounded pretty dammmned good from what I experienced,and Im pretty sure Shadow just added on the front left right amplifier source before he swapped. He wanted all Hertz mids and highs

id have to run a small amp because its a dedicated rcas from the ms8 for the center channel... i think

I dont know myself.. Ive never messed with the MS8 before.Shadow was running the 80prs alone at that time

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now