Help with keyless entry on new alarm

Participant count
  • Participants list

N2DEEP3D

I have a 1993 Dodge Dakota and I recently bought a Soundstream AL1 alarm plus keyless entry.

After doing the base install my keyless is not working.

Here is the wiring for the door locks:

Power Door Lock Negative Wire (-): Orange/Violet (5 Wire Reverse Polarity)

Power Door Lock Negative Wire Location: In Drivers Kick Panel, Black Plug Behind Fusebox

Power Door Unlock Negative Wire (-): Pink/Violet (5 Wire Reverse Polarity)

Power Door Unlock Negative Wire Location: In Drivers Kick Panel, Black Plug Behind Fusebox

My Sound stream alarm installation says:

Pin 1- Green Wire- Negative Lock Output

Connect to lock wire from the switch on vehicles with a negative type switch.

**LOW CURRENT ONLY**

Pin 2- 12volt Output for Door Lock Module

This output will supply 12volts for a plug-in type door lock module. Do not use this input to powerup

relays **LOW CURRENT ONLY**

Pin 3- Blue Wire- Negative Unlock Output

Connect to lock wire from the switch on vehicles with a negative type switch.

**LOW CURRENT ONLY**

I have it hooked up green to orange/violet and blue to pink/violet, but it is not functioning at all.

I am wondering if I need to add relays to make it work, but just by reading it looks as if it should work as is. Any help would be appreciated.

Gary

Just to make sure you are saying to do the 4 Wire Reversal Door Locks?

I have no problem doing this, just want to make sure before doing all of the wiring.

By the way, thank you. ALOT!!!

Gary

I have fought with this for a week, and the 4 wire reverse diagram you said to use does not work.

My dodge is a 5 wire reverse polarity system.

I tried the 4 relays wired together and set as the diagram said. I hooked the lock and unlock wires off of the relays at the lock side of the connection plug and after, neither work. The best results were had when I went directly next to the lock actuator on the driver side but when I hit unlock the passenger side hummed like crazy and did not work properly.

Anyone else with a suggestion.

Well found the error, guess I was just too literal when you said second one down. It was the third diagram down. Finally got them working correctly...was also on my last fuse lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.