Wanted: Nakamichi CD700 or similar, circa 2000 SQ 10" woofers, circa 2000 amplifiers

Participant count
  • Participant list

C43AMG

I think I let me account go dormant and had to make a new one- I had thousands of posts as expo5.0 and also as wattsupcustoms over the years.

Looking to redo things a bit more 'period correct' in my '99

That Nakamichi unit or the 6-disc model with the same SQ is perfect for my vehicle

I'm less picky on the brand of the woofers and amplifiers. Looking for something like 100x4 at 4 ohms and 1000+x1 at 1 ohm. 5 or 6 channels are thin pickings, but that would be ideal. Must be appropriate for high end installation and from the right period (1997-2002 or so would be fine). I ran PPI art series at one point in this car and would consider them but white is not great with my aesthetic of silver, carbon fiber and black.

Woofers- looking for 3 10s for a sealed enclosure of about 3.4 cubic feet (built many years ago and unsure of exact specs to be honest).

I already have ID CD1-pro compression drivers, ID mids, chrome ID IDX24/IDQ31.

Thanks for any help sourcing appropriate stuff and sorry for not posting for about 6 years. The economy has been rough and I completely quit working in car audio!

For what it's worth this- https://www.facebook.com/cyclocarbon is what I've been doing with some of my "audio" skills to get by.

Thanks

-Drew

rideonpurpose@gmail.com

Heck- suggest amps I may not remember or be thinking of that meet my criteria. This is a car that I'm going to be keeping for a long time and I want this new build to be something I live with for 15 or 20 years and which looks and sounds the part (not that the car doesn't sound amazing as it is with random new source unit and amps). It needs to look like it was built in period and to the highest standards, I've got the install side but not all the equipment.

I would need to find a matching amp to go with that audison, not willing to give up the separate control over each channel that I now have.

The price on that one tempts me to put it in my Sequoia where I am currently actually pretty happy running new mids/tweeters off the stock JBL amp and a 10" 5500 off of a mobile spec 500w...

I'd be totally interested in two of those hybrid tube amps plus an sub amp- ideally all precision power, but not that easy to find.

The eclipse subs might be a great solution and fit the 'look' as well as sounding good, for sure!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.