How to Pack a battery with pics

Boomsday
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
My House
Hey all, i see alot of people not wanting to ship batteries because of there weight, and their lack of materials to ship it. I have shipped tons of batts, and other heavy items over the years and have always used the same method and have yet to have a problem.

So I took some pics that will hopefully help somebody out. Only about $5-$7 in materials

We are packing a Deka 8a31 today

First thing is get a double thick cardboard box. Home Depot sells them for $1.50 may be different at your local store

Next you will need some thick trash bags.

Also will need some Great stuff expanding foam. The red can works the best for most items

Always check the voltage of the battery before you start to pack it

Take the spray foam and line the bottom of the box with it.

Wrap the battery in the trash bags making sure you cover the battery completely. I use two sometimes three depending on the bags thickness. Well the foam is still wet place the bagged battery in the box

Next finish spraying the can of Foam on the sides and the top of the battery

Last seal the box up so that the foam will expand around the battery making it very secure once it dries..

Generally it takes a few hours for it to fully cure and you can take it to you shipping location with piece of mind. Hope this helps

Cool idea. I have lately been using the foam pool noodle things. But its almost impossible to find them in the winter time. This idea should work better. I imagine it would work great with a subwoofer too and kinda expand to the shape of whatever is packaged inside.

dont use the pool noodle. Go to home depot a buy a tube of pipe insuLation and your set.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

dont use the pool noodle. Go to home depot a buy a tube of pipe insuLation and your set.
Pipe insulation looks like a pool noodle

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.