Question about 2 and 4 channel amps

alexdbest2000
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NY/Canada
Im going to be running 2 front comps to start off with to see how i like it, might eventually run 2 rear later on. Im thinking i might be better off getting 4 channel amp so i can run 2 speakers for now, and if i upgrade later on ill just use the other 2 channels for the rear. Any downsides to doing this? Should i just get a 2 channel amp instead?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Nope. You can actually bridge the channels on the frts for more power to
If i dont bridge it there's no issues with leaving 2 channels empty?

And hmmm, bridging the channels would give 240 rms per chan on the amp i plan on getting... thats a bit overkill for comps, no? I plan on using boston pro 60's

If i dont bridge it there's no issues with leaving 2 channels empty?
And hmmm, bridging the channels would give 240 rms per chan on the amp i plan on getting... thats a bit overkill for comps, no? I plan on using boston pro 60's
Nice components. Set the gains at a lower voltage. Should be find

Personally, i'd get the 4 channel. More versatility for future upgrades. Plus you can bridge it and get more power if needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.