Has anyone tried a DSO Nano?

Yep I have one (I believe it's a v2) and it works fine. Only comes with 1 probe which sucks (and doesn't have two ports either so it's not like you can just buy another) but for setting gains it works fine. Settings amplifier gains is about the simplest thing you can do with an oscope, it has the potential to do much more if you know how to use it.

Yeah I have the DSO Nano V2 (Buy DSO Nano v2 [TOL131B2P] | Seeedstudio). For what it is, it's pretty nice. It's my go-to device for setting gains. I got mine for just under $100 new. It might seem complicated at first, just looking at the UI in screenshots / videos really confused me at first, but it's actually quite simple once you get used to it. I bought a custom probe for it that supports 10x / 1x. Which essentially puts a resistor in-line with the signal for high-power applications. This is not necessary for most people, but it works for me when setting amp gains that output very high voltages.

If you want to use it for high power amps i'd recommend the x10 probe upgrade that I mentioned. Here's the tutorial I followed for it if you're interested:

Upgrading the Probes on the DSO Nano | Blog

As mentioned, a search would have returned a lot, both here and google. It's a good oscope just for setting gains, unless you're doing microelectronics work you won't need more.

Yeah I have the DSO Nano V2 (Buy DSO Nano v2 [TOL131B2P] | Seeedstudio). For what it is, it's pretty nice. It's my go-to device for setting gains. I got mine for just under $100 new. It might seem complicated at first, just looking at the UI in screenshots / videos really confused me at first, but it's actually quite simple once you get used to it. I bought a custom probe for it that supports 10x / 1x. Which essentially puts a resistor in-line with the signal for high-power applications. This is not necessary for most people, but it works for me when setting amp gains that output very high voltages.
If you want to use it for high power amps i'd recommend the x10 probe upgrade that I mentioned. Here's the tutorial I followed for it if you're interested:

Upgrading the Probes on the DSO Nano | Blog
Wow that seems complicated to do

Like I said for most people it's not necessary. It's basically just hacking up an x10 probe and putting a 3.5mm jack on the other end so it will work on the DSO. I just suggested it in case you had any high-power gain setting to do.

The probe that came with mine is switchable X1 or X10. You just have to set the mode in the menus for which setting you're using. The DSO and a DMM are the 2 things that I bring to an install first.
I posted a while back on how useful they are:
Oh so you have used it. Which version you have? I think the new ones cant update to the new BenF program. I saw the one on amazon with the switching probe. SainSmart Upgraded DSO201 Pocket-Sized Digital Oscilloscope ARM DSO Nano *NEW VERSION*: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific Does the alligator clip go to ground and probe tip positive?

Does the alligator clip go to ground and probe tip positive?
Yes, although it doesn't really matter. The alligator clip is just a ground reference so if you were to reverse the two on a waveform you would just get the same display inverted.

Oh so you have used it. Which version you have? I think the new ones cant update to the new BenF program. I saw the one on amazon with the switching probe. Does the alligator clip go to ground and probe tip positive?
Mine is just like the one you linked, but a couple years old. I know the firmware has changed since but last I knew there was an active forum of people doing upgrades for them. Not sure if that's still true.

How did you manage to get the purple waveform to stop showing up in the background? I've tried everything...haha
I remember the purple background trace, and I think it went away with the BenF firmware update. It's been a while, and my memory sux.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.