**** my life..............!!!!!!!!!

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
FUCK MY LIFE.......

I had all these plans for a nice build, had everything but my box built and i get some bad news today SMH. I have had my blazer parked for a few montHs due to winter and my heat blower didnt work so i didnt want to drive it. i kept coolant in it the whole time and would start it time to time and run it and it never leaked. I started driving it yesterday because its warm now and my wife got promoted to a new position at work and is working diff hours right now, and i noticed that it was getting hot really fast yesterday. Today i came out and was just adding some water before wile it sat cold(it hadnt been started all day) to see what was going on. As soon as i started pouring in water i heard a terrible leak while pouring water in the radiator. It was leaking on the side, toward the back of the engine. Matter fact, **** it sounded like someone pouring a jug of water from under my blazer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif, like as much as i poured in came right out. I would empty the full radiator within 30secs to 1 min, whether the truck was running or not. But i took it to my mechanic and he looked at it for a bit and got up under it and pointed out that the block is cracked, he said it sounds like it blew apart with how much water that its leaking. He said well go look for a new vehicle, you block is cracked. FUCK FUCK FUCK......

Sorry for the venting.....

FUCK MY LIFE.......
I had all these plans for a nice build, had everything but my box built and i get some bad news today SMH. I have had my blazer parked for a few montHs due to winter and my heat blower didnt work so i didnt want to drive it. i kept coolant in it the whole time and would start it time to time and run it and it never leaked. I started driving it yesterday because its warm now and my wife got promoted to a new position at work and is working diff hours right now, and i noticed that it was getting hot really fast yesterday. Today i came out and was just adding some water before wile it sat cold(it hadnt been started all day) to see what was going on. As soon as i started pouring in water i heard a terrible leak while pouring water in the radiator. It was leaking on the side, toward the back of the engine. Matter fact, **** it sounded like someone pouring a jug of water from under my blazer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif, like as much as i poured in came right out. I would empty the full radiator within 30secs to 1 min, whether the truck was running or not. But i took it to my mechanic and he looked at it for a bit and got up under it and pointed out that the block is cracked, he said it sounds like it blew apart with how much water that its leaking. He said well go look for a new vehicle, you block is cracked. FUCK FUCK FUCK......

Sorry for the venting.....
Do you trust your mechanic? It could be a freeze plug has blow out or is leaking. I haven't seen many, actually not even 1, 4.3 block crack..... but then again I live in (and work on cars) in HOT A$$ LOUISIANA

Do you trust your mechanic? It could be a freeze plug has blow out or is leaking. I haven't seen many, actually not even 1, 4.3 block crack..... but then again I live in (and work on cars) in HOT A$$ LOUISIANA
well it got really cold here over winter, like in the negatives. yes i trust him, he is the only person to work on my vehicles and always does a good job and cheaper then a shop. i mean im mad but not so i guess, i only payed 800 for and had it for 2 1/2 years so i got my money worth from it. ill guess i will be looking for a car now and sell these 18s. ***** because i never got to hook em up. Also he check the freeze plug and it was fine.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

When life gives you lemons just make lemonade.
i would if made blazer would hold water.... lol

Well, it is a 19 y/o car... Shit like that happens when they get that old. Time to part it out and invest in a new car.
which is true, it is a old blazer. i guess for now im just going to get a car. My mechanic found a car that runs fine has a small miss to it, he was going to buy it for $300, fix it and sell it for like $1500 lol, he told me since im in a bind that he would let me buy it for the $300 and ill just let him fix it, because me and my wife have to have 2 vehicles because we have a little girl.

well it got really cold here over winter, like in the negatives. yes i trust him, he is the only person to work on my vehicles and always does a good job and cheaper then a shop. i mean im mad but not so i guess, i only payed 800 for and had it for 2 1/2 years so i got my money worth from it. ill guess i will be looking for a car now and sell these 18s. ***** because i never got to hook em up. Also he check the freeze plug and it was fine. 

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

i would if made blazer would hold water.... lol
time to break out the welder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

time to break out the welder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
lol it has to be a whole not crack. i cant barely keep up with the rate it comes out at when i tried filling it

lol it has to be a whole not crack. i cant barely keep up with the rate it comes out at when i tried filling it

idk that just sounds weird to me. I mean im not there and not saying your mechanic is lying to you but still....... that just seems too odd to me. I would have someone pour the water in and look for where the leak is my self. But that's just me

idk that just sounds weird to me. I mean im not there and not saying your mechanic is lying to you but still....... that just seems too odd to me. I would have someone pour the water in and look for where the leak is my self. But that's just me
i did.... he pointed it out and showed me were it was coming from. then poured water so i could see it

At least u didn't spend alot getting a custom box built just for that, but that does **** though, most of what u have should fit in the new car

At least u didn't spend alot getting a custom box built just for that, but that does **** though, most of what u have should fit in the new car
not the 18s lol... im keeping my amp, my HU, runs of power wire, and my agms. also I guess im going to sell my DC power 220a alt & the 2 18s til i figure out a new plan.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Radiator aint the problem, a fucked block is
this... i wish it was the radiator

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.