**** my life..............!!!!!!!!!

You don't have any yards that you can pull the engine yourself. I can usually get one between 150 to 300 depending on weight. It's not terribly hard. If you aren't mechanically inclined I could see your hesitation but a Haynes manual and some elbow grease go a long way. Either way you go man good luck. Just be careful of the deals that are too good to be true. They usually end up being the biggest pain in the a$$
ive been checking but they are all sold out. 4.3's are hot commoditys around here. so they dont stay long

i don't think op is ready for the investment of owning a german car. Most of the repairs on that beemer will cost more than the blazer he owns now. For a man who likes to ball on a budget i would stay clear of most german cars
^^^^this......

I stick with older gms just for how easy they are to work on and how cheap they are to maintain. That and most parts stores have things in stock. That and you might be able to keep your alt without having to have it modded to work on another vehicle or buy a new one

I stick with older gms just for how easy they are to work on and how cheap they are to maintain. That and most parts stores have things in stock. That and you might be able to keep your alt without having to have it modded to work on another vehicle or buy a new one
are you saying i may be able to keep my alt for it?

are you saying i may be able to keep my alt for it?
Yea. If your alt was meant for your blazer it should be a cs130 I think. It should be compatible with most gms from 94-99,maybe more. I would do some more research to be sure. Try contacting dc they should be able to tell you which vehicles it would fit

Yea. If your alt was meant for your blazer it should be a cs130 I think. It should be compatible with most gms from 94-99,maybe more. I would do some more research to be sure. Try contacting dc they should be able to tell you which vehicles it would fit
i think mines a ad244 the big case

I skimmed thru your thread and just like to say it had to be your fault sorry to say.

When a engine has been cold for so long starting it up once in a while wont do a thing.

You prob started it up and only let it run for a minute or less idle then just started driving. You forget the pistons and chambers take time to heat up when it has been cold for so long and starting it up randomly and then sitting for another week without idleing is bad for that engine.

You do know that blazer can fit a gmc sierra or chevy silverado/s10 engine or even a jimmy engine.

When you say old i guess you had a 4.3l engine so its VERY hard to say you cant find another engine for under 400$

I skimmed thru your thread and just like to say it had to be your fault sorry to say.
When a engine has been cold for so long starting it up once in a while wont do a thing.

You prob started it up and only let it run for a minute or less idle then just started driving. You forget the pistons and chambers take time to heat up when it has been cold for so long and starting it up randomly and then sitting for another week without idleing is bad for that engine.

You do know that blazer can fit a gmc sierra or chevy silverado/s10 engine or even a jimmy engine.

When you say old i guess you had a 4.3l engine so its VERY hard to say you cant find another engine for under 400$
lol man i love the internet geniuses. the all knowing people who automatically assume that someone doesn't know how to take care of a vehicle and or what ever it may be and claims its user error lol... awesome.....

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

no mean to thread jack but this happened to me saturday.
your good.... what happened there?

lol man i love the internet geniuses. the all knowing people who automatically assume that someone doesn't know how to take care of a vehicle and or what ever it may be and claims its user error lol... awesome..... 

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

your good.... what happened there?
well i going about 40 about at 4500rpm the nuts on 5 rocker arms came loose ******* up the valve lash. It is suppose to be about .012in they where about .75in. i'm finding out what all happened tomorrow.

well i going about 40 about at 4500rpm the nuts on 5 rocker arms came loose ******* up the valve lash. It is suppose to be about .012in they where about .75in. i'm finding out what all happened tomorrow.
**** that sux so yout kinda in my shoes as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.