two 18's in an ext cab truck.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justin braaapp

CarAudio.com Elite
Im thinking of upgrading from my current one 15 setup and was thinking about doing two 18's until I was told that two 18's would be too big for my extended cab Silverado 1500 truck. He said that the problem wouldn't be fitting two 18's in my truck but that the subs wouldn't have enough room to create sound waves and sound proper and it would be more of a one note hitter build. He said in my truck I would get more out of a smaller setup with multiple subs like 4 12's. Has anybody heard of this before? I was really set on two 18 inch hdc3's until I heard that so if anybody has some insight I would appreciate it.

air space is air space, as long as your not trying to do a 4th or 6th bandpass which I have seen a few that work and a few that dont, standard box or wall will work fine. If it was a shop that told you that find a new one, and if a friend, well get a new one lol

This truck does a 159 at the head rest, 2 18's below window line.

That thing looks nasty! I should have specified though this is a straight daily ground pounder build, I don't care about numbers I just wanna get loud to the ear and sound good while doing it. Knowing that you still think two 18's would sound good in my little cab?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.