Spena unhappy customer

Bass4Days
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Well I purchased a Digital Designs M3b from Spena on Sunday 4/6/14. Told me would ship no later than Tuesday. To make a long story short the amp wasnt shipped for 2 weeks. Was told it was shipped on a Friday but no Tracking. Told me he would get it for me when he gets home. Well he was online sunday no tracking. He logged off. Didnt sign on all week. Didnt hear a word. Didnt know if he lied or if it really shipped. Well friday came around a week after I was told it shipped I got home from work and a ups drop off slip from Spena. So cool Ups has it. I wait till Monday and get it after work. Were now at 4/28/14. I was pretty exited to get it and brought it in and opened it and first thing I do when I get a used amp I smell them. Guess What. ******* burnt smell..I open the amp up smell around and look and this is what I find.

View image: dd m3b

View image: dd m3b4

View image: burnt black **** m3b

This amp was posted with a almost 10/10 condition. Said it was 2 weeks old. I havent put power to it yet to even see if it turns on. I didnt want any reason for him or anyone else to think I did this. He sold 2 m3bs and the other guy was newer into car audio and said his amp is working fine with no smells. I think I got the dud.

Spena hasnt been online in almost a week hasnt checked to see if I was happy with the amp. I didnt even receive a tracking number. Oh and the amp has seen smoke before. It smells and has black on the board. The communication was the worst iv ever delt with. I think he is really really busy with work but there is no excuse for all of this. No place for him here. He doesnt have time or cant smell apparently. LOL

I hate to say i told...well you know..Good luck man.Open a PP claim.
Yea it was after the money was sent. All good. This was my lesson for sure. i would have took your advice for sure

Well I purchased a Digital Designs M3b from Spena on Sunday 4/6/14. Told me would ship no later than Tuesday. To make a long story short the amp wasnt shipped for 2 weeks. Was told it was shipped on a Friday but no Tracking. Told me he would get it for me when he gets home. Well he was online sunday no tracking. He logged off. Didnt sign on all week. Didnt hear a word. Didnt know if he lied or if it really shipped. Well friday came around a week after I was told it shipped I got home from work and a ups drop off slip from Spena. So cool Ups has it. I wait till Monday and get it after work. Were now at 4/28/14. I was pretty exited to get it and brought it in and opened it and first thing I do when I get a used amp I smell them. Guess What. ******* burnt smell..I open the amp up smell around and look and this is what I find.View image: dd m3b

View image: dd m3b4

View image: burnt black **** m3b

This amp was posted with a almost 10/10 condition. Said it was 2 weeks old. I havent put power to it yet to even see if it turns on. I didnt want any reason for him or anyone else to think I did this. He sold 2 m3bs and the other guy was newer into car audio and said his amp is working fine with no smells. I think I got the dud.

Spena hasnt been online in almost a week hasnt checked to see if I was happy with the amp. I didnt even receive a tracking number. Oh and the amp has seen smoke before. It smells and has black on the board. The communication was the worst iv ever delt with. I think he is really really busy with work but there is no excuse for all of this. No place for him here. He doesnt have time or cant smell apparently. LOL
call paypal today or as soon as they open again. Explain what happened and tell them youre going to pay to ship it back and give them the tracking number over the phone so they can check it. Make sure they agree they will refund your money prior to shipping it back to him. Get your refund asap dont play around and pay the stupid 20 bucks to ship it back

call paypal today or as soon as they open again. Explain what happened and tell them youre going to pay to ship it back and give them the tracking number over the phone so they can check it. Make sure they agree they will refund your money prior to shipping it back to him. Get your refund asap dont play around and pay the stupid 20 bucks to ship it back

The curve ball is I sent it family and friends. I didnt know any better. I thought it was still covered. So im not too worried about the money. I got the amp. I just wanna see what he will do for me. I was thinking maybe at least 100-150 back just in case it pops and for my hassle. Im pretty sure if i hooked the amp up it would work fine. Its just got a weak spot and it *****. Thats what the money would be for. Noone would have bought it at 550 if he would have stated that it smoked for a second and still works. People would have jewed him down. I think $100 or 150 is fair. We will see what he will do when he gets on again

`````````````````````

The curve ball is I sent it family and friends. I didnt know any better. I thought it was still covered. So im not too worried about the money. I got the amp. I just wanna see what he will do for me. I was thinking maybe at least 100-150 back just in case it pops and for my hassle. Im pretty sure if i hooked the amp up it would work fine. Its just got a weak spot and it *****. Thats what the money would be for. Noone would have bought it at 550 if he would have stated that it smoked for a second and still works. People would have jewed him down. I think $100 or 150 is fair. We will see what he will do when he gets on again`````````````````````
It looks like one of the resistors on the board is blown, in which case it would NOT work...

It looks like one of the resistors on the board is blown, in which case it would NOT work...
If its blown...You think maybe it just heated up but didnt pop. which caused the black on the board when iv seen resistors fry they are black. It looks like the board just got hot or something

He has little to no recourse with the family and friends gift option. Hopefully Homie stands up and makes this right for ya best of like to ya

it even tells ur when u send it as family and friend that its not covered by paypal, dude that *****, i think u r screwed, i am surprised he even sent it out to u knowing the payment was sent as family and friends, u better be able to trust someone if u send payment like that. sorry bro., i hope u didn't pay too much for it. i am sure someone on here knows how u can go about fixing it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Bass4Days

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Bass4Days
Lockport, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies