1/0 and 4 ga wire crimpers ?

I use hydraulic crimpers. Or solder all the other crimpers aren't as good as you think. Except the long handle very expensive cable crimpers
ya i have seen the long ones with handle but would like to find something i could put on my vise so i can crimp some wires.

something like what you get when buying a universal spark plug wire kit ( the good kits ) it has a 2 plates that crimp the ends.

is there anything like that ?

Percussion crimps aren't good in car audio applications because they do not create a sealed connection. The long term results are that corrosion will build up inside the crimp and eventually lead to high resistance (which = voltage drops) and, possibly, noise.

Hydraulic crimpers fuse the copper wire with the copper lug and make a connection that is impenetrable. They're more expensive but the extra cost is invaluable if you want long lasting connections, solid connections.

thanks guys, i just picked up the TEMCo Hammer Lug Crimper Tool , got it from ebay.

ya if i was going to do this all the time or was rich i would get a very nice crimper.

thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.