What happens to frequencies below your port tuning?

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJSlowfets

Senior VIP Member
CA
I bought a ported box 1.8 cu ft at 36 hz for a Sundown E12 v.2 installing it tomorrow. Now I was wondering what happens if I play like a 32 hz test tone will it not even play like dead signal? May sound like a dumb question but when my ports tuned to 36 hz can I still hear the lows really just wondering because I listen to ALOT of Decaf and I know some of his songs will go down to 28 hz so need to know if it can pick those frequencies audibly and does it sound good? Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I bought a ported box 1.8 cu ft at 36 hz for a Sundown E12 v.2 installing it tomorrow. Now I was wondering what happens if I play like a 32 hz test tone will it not even play like dead signal? May sound like a dumb question but when my ports tuned to 36 hz can I still hear the lows really just wondering because I listen to ALOT of Decaf and I know some of his songs will go down to 28 hz so need to know if it can pick those frequencies audibly and does it sound good? Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The further away u play from box tuning the less output you will have generally..but it wont just cut off certain frequencies depending on the box and power a box tuned to 36 will play 28 decent...im tuned at 32 but can play down to 24 with authority

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

But for someone who listens to alot of decaf id suggest a 30-32 box tune ..the output of those lower notes will be alot more predominant

the freqs will still play and they'll be very audible. i had a 1.6cu ft box tuned to 28Hz with 2 8" tang band subwoofers in there and they would kick *** when i played 19-24hz sine waves.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.