I've created another issue...

fatalphenom

MI
I've got another thread regarding voltage. (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/wiring-electrical-installation-help/602311-before-throwing-%24-around-where-can-i-start-problem.html)

Well now my problem is that at the lowest point the voltage hit (11.7) my Pioneer AVH 100DVD's buttons are not working. The touchscreen buttons, the buttons on the side (havent tried eject button since there is no disc in the player) and I'm worried that I royally screwed myself when the voltage went down to 11.7.

Anyone else have experience with every single button on their HU not working? Pioneer or any brand?

I'm at work so haven't been able to look for a reset button, but once I get out of here I will check and try that.

Thanks in advance.

edit: After sitting for a couple hours I went back out and the buttons work now. I did nothing to fix, hopefully just a hiccup caused by low voltage.

Last edited by a moderator:
U can reset by taking ur battery cabels off then putting back on i did on my jeep.
After believing my issue was sorted out with the inop buttons (touch and hard-buttons), I have not been able to control the unit for a week. Originally I thought it was a voltage issue which was figured out. Now the unit will not respond whatsoever to any button pressed and/or held. I've reset the unit two different ways as described in the owner manual - no change. I've disconnected the battery for a time (~45 mins, close to an hour), reconnected - no change. I've emailed Pioneer asking if they have had many emails/phone calls about the unit and they replied with "no known issues" yada yada. I've only owned it for a few months and now I'm considering looking into a different brand. I'd hate to shell out money a second time for new one when I havent even got to enjoy my current one.

Anyone have any thoughts?

u could have fryed something inside the board where the touchscreen recognizes that its being touched

After believing my issue was sorted out with the inop buttons (touch and hard-buttons), I have not been able to control the unit for a week. Originally I thought it was a voltage issue which was figured out. Now the unit will not respond whatsoever to any button pressed and/or held. I've reset the unit two different ways as described in the owner manual - no change. I've disconnected the battery for a time (~45 mins, close to an hour), reconnected - no change. I've emailed Pioneer asking if they have had many emails/phone calls about the unit and they replied with "no known issues" yada yada. I've only owned it for a few months and now I'm considering looking into a different brand. I'd hate to shell out money a second time for new one when I havent even got to enjoy my current one.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Well, I said screw it and bought a second head unit, same model and all. Popped out the non-working one and plugged the harness into the new one...boom. No issues now. I contacted Pioneer and their response was to have a place in Grand Rapids (I'm from Jackson, MI) do a warranty repair. Not really worth the time and effort.

The warranty repair won't cost you anything but shipping. You might also call the company where you bought the deck. They may have an in house warranty and just swap it out for a new one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.