Bose Noise Cancellation causing feedback

Participant count
  • Participant list

tk123

I joined just to get some expert opinions! I'm sorry if this is not the right place to put this... Mods please move it if need be. I have a 2013 Cadillac ATS which employs the Bose Centerpoint Surround Sound System with Active Sound Management (Noise Cancellation).

I would love to add some power and bass to the system, but other owners on cadillacforums.com have reported feedback from the Active Sound Management system when they have connected an aftermarket amp & sub and the only way they have found around this is to cut the mics, therefore disabling the system entirely. My problem is, I actually like the concept and feel it really works. The cabin in my ATS is the quietest I have ever been in. Whether it is the result of superior mechanical engineering and sound deadening or if the system is really working I don't know; but I'd rather not find out the hard way.

Is anyone familiar with this system and know a way around it without disabling the system?

Bose is a pain in the azz to integrate with ..and blows to begin with ...ive ripped all mine in my impala out a while back ...but integrating with that new noise cancellation is not gona be fun ....i wish you luck

try driving around with the active sound management off and see what you end up loosing. If you can live with that to gain subs then there you go if not maybe no subs for you. According to the owners manual there is little to no auto adjustment at higher volumes. Most noticeable and low volumes. Play around with it and see what you get.

try driving around with the active sound management off and see what you end up loosing. If you can live with that to gain subs then there you go if not maybe no subs for you. According to the owners manual there is little to no auto adjustment at higher volumes. Most noticeable and low volumes. Play around with it and see what you get.
I think you are confusing the Bose Audio Pilot with the Active Noise Reduction. There is no way to turn the ANR on and off short of...

try disconnecting the microphones that are part of the ASM
did this for my 2014 Accord and it worked great, didnt notice any additional road or engine noise and retained all the bluetooth features
This. A few people did do this and there were mixed reactions as to noise. It seems to me I would notice as I am a bit **** about that stuff, lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.