Amp power but no sound threw any speakers, please help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

PhoenixAsh

Ok so I'm running a ken wood kdc 252 u head unit, 2 twelve inch duals and a Sony xplod 1000 watt amp. I've run the same set up in a previous car. Now I am trying to put them in a new car. I get power to the amp but no sound comes out. I thought the speaker were blown from an accident in the old car but I've tried 3 subs and 2 different kinds of door speakers. Still no sound. I tried two different head units thinking the outputs were shot but still nothing. I tried two different amps and neither one gave sound. I tried 3 different ground spots and still nothing. I know I get power to the amp because I hear the fan kick on in the secondary amp (no idea what the brand is or the wattage) I've tried two sets of RCAs as well. I have NO idea what I can do differently. Please someone come up with something. I have no idea how to test anything with multimeter. I know it's not the best setup but it did the job for me. I'm getting completely frustrated.

Ehhh what about speaker wires, did you go and buy some? lol Try hot wiring the remote turn on, maybe the amp's not getting enough juice from the head unit to wake it up.

have a whole spool of speaker wire and i tried 2 different times with different sets, the remote wire i do have to connect to the battery to get it turn on. i know the remote wire from the head unit is messed up. i know thats not a permanent fix because itll drain the battery....but if i cant get these to work then there is no permanence anyway. i hear the fan turn on in the amp when i turn the ignition....im assuming its getting power and straight from the battery should be enough juice. i thought the ground was messed up so it got enough to turn it on but not enough to power the subs but i changed the ground 3 times

This sounds like one of those things that is 10% effective asking on a forum, and 90% effective to have someone help you in person. I mean, from the first post, it sounds like you literally tried everything there is and it's still not working.

Post an ad on CL asking if someone can help you for free/cheap or for trades.

I've tried swapping the RCAs from input to output and back and forth just in case I had a little screw up.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

You're absolutely right though. I figured that from the start I was just hoping that someone would think of something else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.