What would you do?

Motokid
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Awhile back I bought a 94 3000Gt for a decent price. Yes, it is a Base model, you can laugh now. BUT! I love the car.. The only problem is, I love car audio. The problem with me loving my car, and car audio is, I can't put anything in my car due to the lack of room. The car is small enough already, but I currently have 2 12" subs. The box is something along the lines of 30" Long, 18" deep 14" tall, or close to it. The point is, I can't put it in my trunk because of the spare tire, take the spare tire out, and there is still a mold from where the spare tire fits, so it's pointless. What i've had to do is lower my back seats down, and set my sub box in my back seats. It works.. But I don't like it. I really want to feel like I have SOME room at least, and would like my back seat back.

So heres my problem.. I don't think it's possible what so ever to even have someone build a box for me for 2 12"s. Because the space I have can't be any taller than like 15" taller at the tallest point, and 9" at the lowest because the truck wont close..

I think What is going to have to happen is.. I need to sell my 12's and get a Decent pair of 8's or 10's. I was really wanting to get 1 or 2 FI SSD 12' subs, but that probably wont happen. So my question is.. should I get a couple 8's, or 10's. I've never had ANY experience with 8's nor even heard them, and have no idea how they compare to 10's or 12's.

What would you do in the situation?

Thanks guy

THe 3000gt was/is awesome. I always like them. I had a friend with a camaro back in the early 90's that had 4 8's in custom base tubes and people would swear he had a couple 15's in it. It hit hard and sounded great. 8's can work if done right. His car may have been similar to yours in the back area.

The tubes were like this. The pipe was always 2 inches bigger than the sub used, and 24" long.

THe 3000gt was/is awesome. I always like them. I had a friend with a camaro back in the early 90's that had 4 8's in custom base tubes and people would swear he had a couple 15's in it. It hit hard and sounded great. 8's can work if done right. His car may have been similar to yours in the back area.

What 12's and amp do you have now. I don't see why you couldn't fit them in there
Im not saying they don't fit. They Do. BUT I would like my back seat back. They are folded down so my box can fit, and my trunk can close. Even without the spare tire, it wont work because of the frame is molded to fit the tire, if that makes sense. I have two kicker comp 12" and a JL 250.1. Just a starting system I got when i first got into car audio, and have been too broke up upgrade. But Now i'd like to get a box custom just for my trunk, so it will close and I can have my back seat back.. But I don't think that's possible with 12" subs because there wouldn't be enough airspace for the subs in that small of a box. That why Im thinking about 8's or something. But I think i'd have to go with two of them.

The tubes were like this. The pipe was always 2 inches bigger than the sub used, and 24" long.
I love my 3000. I just wish it was a Turbo! But I think im going to have to find a way to go with a couple 8's. I'vejust never had any experience or heard them at all. And that tube design is sweet, never seen that either!

Let's see some pictures inside the trunk, I have no experience with that car. My next build is going to be 4 8's, a buddy of mine has a 4 8" setup right now and it pounds pretty amazingly for what it is.

Pic's i cant follow what you mean
luc9.jpg

Basically, My box is something like 14-15 inches tall, 30" ish wide, and like 18 deep. If I lift my back seat up, I have about 14" or so, not 100% cause I have forgot my measurements, BUT I know right where the end of the glass is I can't go anymore than 9" tall.. So a box build for this car would be incredibly difficult, and to fit 12's in would just be.. I don't know how it could even work

Let's see some pictures inside the trunk, I have no experience with that car. My next build is going to be 4 8's, a buddy of mine has a 4 8" setup right now and it pounds pretty amazingly for what it is.
I just posted an old one, ill take more tomorrow when its daylight to get a better view

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Motokid

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Motokid
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date