Subwoofer Questions

Frank You

Hello, my name is Frank You I wanted to share some information with you. We are opening a brand new subwoofer and would like to hear from you about what you expect from a subwoofer company. We would like to set ourselves apart from all the other companies and only can do that with your help. Here is a list of questions of the Day we have posted on our Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/frank.you.731 Please post your responses here or on our FB page we need your thoughts. Thank you and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Questions of the day:

1. Is blowing your windshield out from bass cool or dumb? And Why?

2. What’s your favorite size subwoofer 8", 10", 12", 15", 18", 21", 24", or bigger and why?

3. Does it matter what number kind of numbers you can do on a meter if you can do hair tricks or are numbers more important? And why?

4. How much over rated power should you put on a subwoofer and why?

5. What voice coils do you prefer to see on a sub dual 1ohm, 2ohm, or 4ohm? Pick two and tell me why?

6. Which do you prefer on a subwoofer? Direct leads or Push terminals and why?

7. What kind of box should a sub-woofer be designed to work best in? Sealed, Ported, 4th order or 6th order? And why?

8. Do you prefer a chrome motor?

9. What kind of basket do you like?

1 Lololol

2 12's. Personal preference size/weight

3 neither matter to me

4 depends on the sub

5 depends on amp and how many

6 depends on the power going to it

7 sealed and ported.... for the masses

8 a chrome motor with a spinner

9 one that can be used with a motor that maximizes its abilities.

These are really the questions you need answered when building a subwoofer? Nothing about t/s or power handling? Just chrome baskets and is flex cool?

1. Lawlz and I do mean LAWLZ.

2. 36" fo sho, 10's or 12's realistically.

3. none of the above.

4. 0, subs should be true to spec.

5. Prefer something like Infinity's setup with the SSI, selectable impedance it can be 2 or 4 ohms.

6. Push terminals, easier to swap in and out.

7. Anyone, you'll have people who want one for all of those applications.

8. No way.

9. Basket of fries mostly. No real preference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.