2 12's on 5k rms vs. 2 15's on 2.5k rms 4 daily.

wrathchild281
10+ year member

Hey guys im looking to get a new setup for a el camino I just picked up. Im working with 7-8 cubic feet roughly and I cant decide between the setup. I have a kicker accommodation through best buy so Im set on either 1 or 2 of the kicker kx2400.1's

Ive had a few systems in the past and usually wanted to go louder not longer after. Id rather save myself the trouble and go big the first time. I can get the kicker cvx or l7's for dirt cheap but ive had l7s in the past and the tinsel leads on them were weaker than id like so id rather find some subs that I can recone if need be down the road.

The goal is hitting 150 db's roughly on this daily setup as ive previously had a setup sitting around 152's with 2 btl 18's on 2 kicker zx2500.1's a few years back.

The possible setups are

A.) 2 15's on 2500rms

B.) 2 12's on 5000rms

C.) 4 10's on 5000rms

Note that if I go with setup A. I will have more room to work with for a solid electrical setup and a bit less in comparison(but still more obviously) if I have to stuff 2 big mono amps in my ride.

I appreciate all the feedback guys. Will also be looking to start a build thread here within the month.

Hey guys im looking to get a new setup for a el camino I just picked up. Im working with 7-8 cubic feet roughly and I cant decide between the setup. I have a kicker accommodation through best buy so Im set on either 1 or 2 of the kicker kx2400.1's
Ive had a few systems in the past and usually wanted to go louder not longer after. Id rather save myself the trouble and go big the first time. I can get the kicker cvx or l7's for dirt cheap but ive had l7s in the past and the tinsel leads on them were weaker than id like so id rather find some subs that I can recone if need be down the road.

The goal is hitting 150 db's roughly on this daily setup as ive previously had a setup sitting around 152's with 2 btl 18's on 2 kicker zx2500.1's a few years back.

The possible setups are

A.) 2 15's on 2500rms

B.) 2 12's on 5000rms

C.) 4 10's on 5000rms

Note that if I go with setup A. I will have more room to work with for a solid electrical setup and a bit less in comparison(but still more obviously) if I have to stuff 2 big mono amps in my ride.

I appreciate all the feedback guys. Will also be looking to start a build thread here within the month.
8 cubes really isn't enough for 2 15's. I'd do the 4 10's on 5k as that'll split power a bit better. You'll need pretty stout subs to not have issues at over 2500 watts a sub, 1250 is alot easier for most subs to handle and it's a bit more cone area too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.