Need advice on wiring my car audio!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Thecaleb

Hey whats up everyone thank you for reading my post. So I just got a car and like every teenager I got some subs in it! The only problem is that I understood how to install everything and etc my only question is how to wire my speakers up?

Equipment:

Sound Storm PSY1600.4 1,600W Psyclone Series 4-Channel MOSFET Amp with Remote Sub Level Control:

• 1,600W max power
  • 4-channel
  • Full-range
  • Class AB
  • MOSFET power supply
  • Low and high level inputs
  • Variable LP crossover
  • Fixed HP crossover
  • Variable bass boost
  • Remote sub level control

Bought from Walmart.

XXX Car Audio Pair 12" Subs/Car Amp Kit/Sub Box

includes:

Dual 12" carpet covered enclosure Fiberboard construction Durable black carpet 2 - 12" Subwoofers Peak Power Handling: 1200 watts Oversized 40 oz. Double Stacked Strontium Magnet Frequency Response: 24 Hz - 1 kHz Efficiency: 87 dB Dimensions: 32"w x 14"h x 10.5"td x 15.5"bd Amp 1200 Watts x 1 Channel Rated Power PWM MOSFET Power Supply THD: 0.02% Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 40 kHz Variable Crossover: Hi-Pass(75 Hz - 750 kHz)Low-Pass (50 - 150 Hz) 4-Way Protection Circuitry:Thermal, Short Circuit, DC Offset, and Overload Free XAK800 10 gauge wiring Kit Brand NEW

Bought from Amazon

Two (2) Kicker CompS 12” 4 Ohm Subwoofer 40CWS124

Specs:

Size (IN.,CM) 12, 30.0

Impedance (OHMS) 2 or 4 SVC

Max Rec Amplifier Power (WATTS PEAK/RMS)* 600/300

Sensitivity (dB 1w/1m) 88.3

Frequency Response (Hz) 27-500

Mounting Depth (IN.,CM) 5-3/8, 13.6

Mounting Cutout (IN.,CM) 11, 27.9

Min Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters) 1.25, 35.4

Max Rec Sealed Box Volume (CU. FT., Liters) 3.5, 99.1

Min Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** 1.75, 49.6

Max Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** 2.25, 63.7

Bought from CreativeCarAudio

So thats my stuff and now I just wana know what would be the best way to hook all of this up? Should I do a bridge or run in a series etc.

Thank you, Caleb

1st. For what I understand it isn't very good to mix subs given that they are all 12. I'm not quite sure.

2nd. What ohm are the first pair of 12s? Are they 4ohm like the second pair?

Don't mix subs!!!!

My suggestion: return those XXX woofers, they are absolute crap. Return that crappy walmart amp, it is worth 1/4 what you paid for it.

Read up on this forum and find some good stuff. I would sell those kickers too. Get yourself one or two Audioque SDC2.5s and have someone built you a box. Buy a nice used amp on here for $150 that'll do 500RMS. You'll end up spending the same amount you spend and will be WAYYYY more satisfied. XXX and Soundstorm are absolute crap. My shop carries soundstorm and we have nothing but problems. They put out like 20% of rated power.

Thank you all. I have already gone and removed my amp and going to be turning it into walmart today. I am selling that speaker system, and gona try and get some money back. I am going to purchase the set up suggested by clickclickw00t and from the reviews I've seen so far, I cant wait to get my hands on this new setup! Is there any recommendations on how the wiring should go?

Thanks again, Caleb.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.