C2 Audio Threatcon 2 12 problem

bmk6795
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I bought a set of used threatcon 2s from @The Audio Guy ; a couple weeks ago. Hooked them up to my little hifonics 4 channel to make sure they worked and they powered on. I honestly dont remember if i pushed on the cones after i got them or not. Took them out of the box for the second time since i received them and the cone on one is stuck, it will only move maybe a 1/4" up and back down, and sounds like something is scrubbing when it moves this little bit. I took it back outside and hooked it up to my 4 channel again and it seems it still works but the cone isnt moving. My 4 channel only puts out ~75-80 watts so its not enough to move the cone much but it did play. So whats wrong with this woofer?

well your amp isn't going to hardly push them. but you should have thoroughly inspected the woofers that you bought after they arrived. Take a video showing whats going on.

Coils are reading 7 ohms. Like i said i cant remember 100% whether or not i pushed on the cones, but im 90% sure i did, who wouldnt?

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Doesnt smell like the coil is burnt.

The woofer is a very nice woofer. Especially when they are $130 shipped. Anyway the coils reading 7 ohms are obviously bad. They came in Dual 4 and Dual 2. Sounds to me like the guy ran them too hard and sold you a working one and a bad one.

Hello, seeing the post now i don't understand how this could happen? the Subwoofers were Working/Functioning perfect when i packed them up to take to fedex?
Honestly im not sure either. I tested them 2 days after i got them, everything seemed ok as far as i can remember, else there would have been a thread long before now. They have been sitting in my living room floor since that day until today.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.