Kicker CompR impedance switch?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Paarthurnax

I recently bought two 12" Kicker CompR subwoofers, along with a Kicker CX 1200.1 Class D Monoblock amp.

Here's the link for the subs: CompR | KICKER

Here's the link for the amp: CX Amplifiers | KICKER

The subs themselves have an impedance switch on the bottom, which can be set to either 1 ohm or 4 ohms. I was just curious as to what you would recommend to set it to. I want the most bass I can get out of them, but I also didn't know if I set it to the wrong impedance if it might damage the sub/amp. Thank you!

Amp does full power at 2ohms and is not 1 ohm stable. So you will want a final impedance of 2ohms.

2 dual 4 ohm subwoofers wired in parallel will give you a 1ohm load. Series/parallel will give you a 4 ohm load.

2 dual 1 ohm subs wired series/parallel will give you a 1ohm load. Series will give you a 4ohm load.

You should have gotten D2 ohm subwoofers.

Return everything and start over with different amp and subs IMO.

The subs are both DVC 2 Ohm subs. So I figure if I wire both of their voice coils in parallel, which would be the 1 ohm setting on the switch, and then I wired the subs in series to the amp so it pushes them as a single 2 ohm load, it would work fine. Am I right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.