First Build, Confusion...

Participant count
  • Participant list

teemac

I'm spending just about all the money I have right now into this system and I'm having a buddy of mine install and build the box for me. The current plan right now is an Audiopipe APSM mini 2k, 4 XD 12's, 1 extra battery. The guy building it for me says the goal is 140+ db, he says I'd be lucky to hit 144 db. While a guy I know from doing competitions is saying I should be around 148db... I'm pretty confused with all this because I'm new. I would just like to know what I SHOULD be getting with this setup. This is going in the trunk of a 2005 Mazda 3. And yes the seats DO fold down.

Let me know guys, thanks!

I believe just a regular ported box, subs facing up, port out the back, and 0/1 power wire. And as far as music or burp, I'm guessing just max.
I've seen 145-150 with 2 12's before.. it really depends on the box design, electrical, etc. The more time you spend with your system and do it all right (deadener, sealing stuff off, perfecting the box) etc. will really help. Also depends on the tuning frequency.. etc. I'd look into some of the build logs on here and see what numbers people are getting.

Alright thanks! I'll just let him do his thing and build it then probably just keep messing with stuff until I'm satisfied. I think either way 4 12's will be loud for a first system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.