Works in park and neutral revving but moving over 5 mph cuts out.

BWallz

thanks for entertaining my question here guys.

I have checked, rechecked and then rerechecked again with out any progress.

When I am in my car driving(over 5 mph) the amplifier light flickers however the capacitor stays at 14.1 to 14.5. The wiring from the battery is right. When in park or revving it in neutral it will blast at max power.. this is very confusing.

My products*

Kenwood 5001ps - 1000 watt amp - 300 watt at 4 ohms.

Kicker 12" comp CVR - was alpine type s.

Truconnex - 600 watt installation kit.

1 farad capacitor

Any information would help out a lot!

Thank you again.

instead of driving, crank the system up and get out of the car, grab the bumper or fender well and jerk the crap out of the car and see if it does it.

could be loose fuse in holder, remote wire, etc, it sits fine but the movement from driving is causing it to knock off.

Have you removed the cap to see if it fixes the problem?
If it does, sell/throw away the cap

If it doesn't, still sell/throw away the cap
caps have a VERY narrow usefulness. they CAN be great but most often, at best, they are useless as they are installed.

I got the cap to really see if the alternator was the problem but it was working in park without a cap as well. Will try the crank and jerk method to see if it is a wire/fuse issue.

The system is at high volume shaking the vehicle does not cut it out. Only when I accelerate. I am driving a 2003 Pontiac grand am gt.

Check your remote wire continuity would be my first thing to do. If you do not suspect it, take it off and directly run a wire to the capacitor positive and see if it still flickers.. If it does your remote wire is ruled out, if not it's your remote.

all these ideas but why has no one asked what kind of head unit you are running. If you are using the factory head how do you have to remote connected. That would be the first place I would look into.

the ability of you being able to shake the car is a far cry from actually driving down the road and you are more likely to rip the bumper off than actually recreate any road conditions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.