Works in park and neutral revving but moving over 5 mph cuts out.

Checked remote switch all is good played for 5 mins at high volume saw my voltage go from 13 to 11 on heavy hitting bass drops. Also the amp got very hot but not hot enough to not hold and press down on.

sounds like you need to uninstall than re-install. if it only cuts out when the car is moving it has to be a loose connection or a break in a wire (probably RCA wire b/c otherwise you'd pop a fuse). you need to monitor the amps when it cuts off to see what they do, do they just shut off as if you turned the car off or do they go into protect or do they do something else.

if your dropping that low. i think its time for the big 3 if you havent already.. or a second battery in the trunk

and ya i think the best solution is to reinstall everything. but take your time! note every little detail, inspect all your wires, and make sure you are making good solid connections

sound like you need to trouble shoot it when the car is moving. have a friend drive while you meter the amp and really find out whats happening.

It sounds like the power cable can not handle the load of amps put out from the alternator when the car is running check the voltage when the car is driving it could be that the alternator may be bad also, and caps are a waste of money unless you have 12 farads per 500 watts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.