Brand New CDT Components sound like $h!t

Participant count
  • Participant list

Garcia915
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Just got a brand new set of cl-42 components, due to my stock location I was limited to 4x6 speakers so I went with the CDT cl-42 cuz I've heard such great things from CDT. Well I had them professionally installed and got me hooked up with 16g monster cable to the rear to my brand new ppi p600.2 high passed at 120 hz. Well they sound ok till I start turning it up it plays ok for a bit then the tweeter cuts out completely then ill turn it back down and they start working again then ill turn it up and they'll shut off within the minute. Btw the tweet is a CDT tw-25s with the tweeter setting on 0 on the passive crossover. Any help is greatly appreciated. Amp setting ain't even up halfways and they don't even get that loud when the tweeter shuts off and the sq isn't really there. My Polk momo's on my other car sound twice as better and are crystal clear running off an old mtx 75.2. I'm really bummed I spent all this cash on my front stage and it sounds like poop....

Only the tweets shut off and gain is barely up. Amp is hooked with 4 gauge and I have big 3 upgrade in jl audio 0 gauge so I'm sure it's getting enough current. I don't even have my sub amp hooked up yet I'm waiting on a box and more 0 gauge and deadner.

That would be the poly cap cutting power to the tweeter to prevent blowing it, btw the more you trip it the easier it trips try reducing the high end of your eq from around 2.5khz and up.

You spent that much cash on some 4" speakers and your deck only has low-mid-high for an eq?

And a 4" mid really ain't gonna do much to be honest .... The ones I've heard sound like poop when you crank on them

I can tell you how to bypass the cut off but you run a better risk of blowing a tweeter, but if you want to go that route it's easy takes no tools and about 30 sec per side.

You spent that much cash on some 4" speakers and your deck only has low-mid-high for an eq?
And a 4" mid really ain't gonna do much to be honest .... The ones I've heard sound like poop when you crank on them
The mids actually sound better when I crank it up but the tweets crap out. I didn't really wanna spend a grip on custom door mods to only accept a 5.25. I'm kicking myself in the a$$ now for not going with q-form kicks and some 6.5 comps.

I can tell you how to bypass the cut off but you run a better risk of blowing a tweeter, but if you want to go that route it's easy takes no tools and about 30 sec per side.
Ill try your turning up the hp filter first. Knowing me ill blow them tweets bro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.