Brand New CDT Components sound like $h!t

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have an MTX Pro Thunder 75.2 if you want to go with the old power again:D,She needs a little buffing, but works perfect,let me know

You spent that much cash on some 4" speakers and your deck only has low-mid-high for an eq?
And a 4" mid really ain't gonna do much to be honest .... The ones I've heard sound like poop when you crank on them
What head unit would you suggest or would a sound processer be better. This is my daily driver for work only so don't really wanna spend a grip. I just wanted something to sound really good on my way to work and back. Ill most likely end up getting some kick pods with some 6.5 mids and running a three way system. It's a shame though if I have to replace them tweets. My installer did a clean installation on the sails. He had to cut off the grills to make them fit in the stock location.

I like the price thanks!!!
Its an Excellent HU man.Got all the adjustments needed to tune in with low pass,high pass filters, not to mention the 3/4volt rca out.Only Issue I have is that Im not able to see the face with the sun shinning on it, but Im sure thats with any HU,and I havent messed with the colors that much.Other than that, its a nice HU for the money

That's a lot of amplifier for 4" components. In addition to turning the high pass filter up you may need to turn the gain down, even if you know the input isn't clipping.

That's a lot of amplifier for 4" components. In addition to turning the high pass filter up you may need to turn the gain down, even if you know the input isn't clipping.
Will do sir... Thanks, what appropriate amp size would you suggest. I'm thinking of getting qforms with 6.5 comps that can take the power ran off my ppi and getting a smaller one for my cl-42, would my cl 42 be useless if I go that route?

Your amp is fine if you use it safely by following my suggestions. If you're worried you'll burn up the tweeters then an amp about half as powerful should still get very loud. If you use the Qforms for midbass only that would be fine. Don't use 2 pairs of tweeters playing the same frequencies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.