what subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

shayk

Im looking for a sub with 4" of mounting depth max 3.75 would be better. I only have about 1.1 cu.ft if anyone has suggestions that would be appreciated!

1) what would you choose out of these?

2)would the 4 RF 8s be louder than the pair of 10s?

3)Would the single type r sound good in a ported box that small? (rec. min. for ported box .5cu.ft.)

4)what would be louder, the single type r ported @ 500w rms or two type r's sealed @ 1000w rms?

right now Im considering

1) 2-10" p3 shallow mounts 600-800w rms

2) 4-8" p3 shallows

3) 1-10" alpine type r ported

4) possibly 2-10" type rs

**using a RF bd1000 (500w @ 4ohm, 1000w @ 2 ohm)

I had a whole nice first post but for some reason i couldnt post it! so Im sorry for this half A first post. thanks for viewing

I have very limited experience with shallow mounts. But the have installed the rockford P3 shallows. And they sound really good for a shallow mount.
What sizes did you install? Do you recall how much power you had running to them?

Thanks for the reply! Anyone else? please give me your suggestions

It was 2-12" in a silver pickup truck. and we put a ton of power to it. a kicker 1500.1
Are u messing with me?! Haha ****! I think the 12s are rated at 400w rms/800 peak.

Wow asuming youre not. would you say it's safe to say that 2-10s or 4-8s would be able to take 800-1000w.rms and sound pretty good doing so? Both are rated to do 600w rms. thanks for your feed back bro

No i am not messing with you. we ran the amp at 2ohm . so it was making maybe 800 rms . but it was clean power. most don't realize this but most of the time you will blow a sub from dirty power. not over powering.( within reason. a good 400rms sub can take 500-600 clean watts.) but same sub with dirty power can blow at 200 watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.