Car sub too loud??!!? Cant put it lower

hi, first time post i hope someone can help.

So i bought a kenwood amp on kijiji it's a pretty old amp and its about 350 watts, which you would think is not alot. Then I have a subwoofer that I took off a home theatre system that I have, but the sub is 3 ohms so I know thats low enough to work fine in a car scenario. The problem im having is the gain is set to its lowest and the frequency to its lowest and there is soo much bass and it doesnt sound very good, it also feels like its slow or lagging?! Like the thump comes too late. I love audio and I have a very good home theatre system at home and I know what good sounds like and I know my car setup sounds kinda ******. What can I do too fix it, is it possible its my sub? My sub is only about 150 watts rms but I thought that just meant that it wont be as loud. When the sub is hooked up to my home theatre system it sounds amazing!

Man, I hesitate to help all the noobs now. Because Smitty.

OP, please post pics with username and date in the photo of what your amplifier's settings look like.

Man, I hesitate to help all the noobs now. Because Smitty.
OP, please post pics with username and date in the photo of what your amplifier's settings look like.
Ill agree on pics of amp, and sub woofer/enclosure also ..Pics

Ill get a photo as soon as I can. Well i tweaked it abit and its actually not bad now it sounds pretty good, turns out the song i kept using was abit screwed up. But im wondering whats the minimum price to pay for a sub that pretty good?. Also i dont understand what the frequency is. The only thing i can make out of it is that when i crank it higher it will play higher pitched notes from the sub

Again, pics with username and date of amp settings and we'll help you out man.
You can get a good sub for not too much.
I remember when a noob could come here and get help without drama. For real? username and pic of amp just to get help.

OP look at your headunits sub settings, bass, eq etc.... You should be able to adjust it just fine. If your using a factory unit with line out converter fade the output towards the front. This will lower the bass. Hope this helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.