Low Budget System

StanBow55

Hey guys, new to the board and have a quick question for you.

I am looking at upgrading the weak system in my truck.

Its a regular cab and i plan to use a prefab box for now. 1 amp, and 1 10" sub

I am looking at one of 2 potential setups, and looking for some opinions on which might be better.

RF 250-1D amp and RF R2D4-10 sub.

or

JL JX 360/2 amp and JL 10WXv2-4 sub.

The RF setup would run around 150 and the JL around 220.

Which do you guys think would be the best for what im trying to do.

Thanks

SB

thats a good looking setup.

though mounting issues might be a problem with that sub, says mounting depth of 6 3/8, i only have a little over 6 inches so it would be close.

I forgot to mention this is in a regular cab truck with a slanted truck box

thats a good looking setup.though mounting issues might be a problem with that sub, says mounting depth of 6 3/8, i only have a little over 6 inches so it would be close.

I forgot to mention this is in a regular cab truck with a slanted truck box
you can always get spacers if it is that close. i would not do the sundown E they are only 300watts if I'm not mistaken

Anything but what you are looking at in the first post. I would go with the Sundown over the AB and not the audiopipe amp. Getting that amp will just lead to spending more money in electrical upgrades. Alpine MRP-500 would be good on the sundown and easy on the electrical. Good 8 awg cable will be cheaper also

Anything but what you are looking at in the first post. I would go with the Sundown over the AB and not the audiopipe amp. Getting that amp will just lead to spending more money in electrical upgrades. Alpine MRP-500 would be good on the sundown and easy on the electrical. Good 8 awg cable will be cheaper also
This guy speaks truth, the only change I would make is go with 4 awg so that when you inevitably decide to get a larger amp in the future, you are ready!

This

This guy speaks truth, the only change I would make is go with 4 awg so that when you inevitably decide to get a larger amp in the future, you are ready!
And this.

An "entry level" Sundown will sh!!t on a "entry level" w0. As for the amp i'd suggest something somewhat efficient and 4-600rms.

whats the crappy system you currently have if youre looking at wx or r2 subs? and id go with either the tnt or the e-10 and the ap at 2 ohms so you wouldnt need any electrical upgrades and when you do want to bump it up you have the amp ready

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.