Head Unit won't power up

Participant count
  • Participant list

solrighal
10+ year member

Hi folks. Went out to the shops earlier and stereo working fine. Getting back into the car after the shop the head unit doesn't start. The amp & sub are bothe getting power. In fact, even with the key removed from the ignition the amp and sub remain illuminated. Anyone got any ideas? Got a long trip planned for tomorrow so I need to get this issue sorted tonight if possible.

Gordon.

Check the car's fuses.
This.

Also, your amp being powered while the car is off means that the remote wire is getting a constant 12v signal. Either it is tied into the wrong wire at the head unit, or to the wrong wire at the fuse box. Was it professionally installed?

This.
Also, your amp being powered while the car is off means that the remote wire is getting a constant 12v signal. Either it is tied into the wrong wire at the head unit, or to the wrong wire at the fuse box. Was it professionally installed?
Allegedly it was, yes. I did some of the recent stuff myself but the head unit is a couple of years old now and was fitted by an alpine dealer.

Anyway, I disconnected the negative at the battery, reconnected it and voila! All's well. Something's wrong though eh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.