first build 06 g6 AQ3500.1 HO alt dc 12 lvl4 xl's big 3 batts double din comp set ...

cdc351jeferson
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
austin tx
Build will consist of Sony doubledin xab-601bt got the parking brake safety disabled . 3 xs3400 batts. Big 3 . Mechman 240Amp alt. AQ3500.1 . DC 12 LVL4's with xl parts. 3cuft ported box made by brian at starmountain . Infinity kappa 6.09's will update as i complete. Missed some pics mid install just got in the zone . As of now half big3 is done xs3400 upfront . 1/0 ,remote,rcas,bassknob all run the the trunk. comp set installed and double din in place.

View attachment 26536478

deadening the doors first attempt and yes it is sloppy

View attachment 26536480

getting the 6.5 in

View attachment 26536481

finally found a good spot for the xover

View attachment 26536482

1/0 knukoncepts kollosus flex to the back

View attachment 26536483

View attachment 26536485

got the player in and dash reassembled

Thanks! very possible i will do that ive got a crap ton of stinger roadkill and such i can use for that maybe? today to finish big 3 and install alt . going to the homedepot today for sub screws wood and such to mount amps and batts. just need to figure out how to anchor batts :p

View attachment 26536489

Old alt removed waiting for 240amp mechman and big 3

View attachment 26536490

piece of wire i hammered the split lug and got it to fold inside then melted a ton of flux into the wire and torched solder in the split and on end . you cant pull the lugs off if you wanted to :p used all set screw lugs for power and made the grounds and shown in pic .

View attachment 26536491

New alt and big 3 complete! (and i did remember to hookup factory wire at batt just took pic before hand )

Box looks pretty small... a pair of 12's in 3^ft? I hope that's net space at least.

Your fuses go within 18" AFTER the battery. Not sure if that's how you have it, but they are supposed to be after the battery, before the amp. Make sure you have one up on the front battery as well.

Also, you could MAJORLY benefit from actually sealing off those doors. Get some sheet metal and deaden it, and cover up those massive holes in the doors.

Box looks pretty small... a pair of 12's in 3^ft? I hope that's net space at least. Your fuses go within 18" AFTER the battery. Not sure if that's how you have it, but they are supposed to be after the battery, before the amp. Make sure you have one up on the front battery as well.

Also, you could MAJORLY benefit from actually sealing off those doors. Get some sheet metal and deaden it, and cover up those massive holes in the doors.
guess ill clear it up so no more quesitoning i have 300amp fuses in following locations between alt and batt for big 3 , 12" from battery on power run to the back. the longer cable is the power run that will be fused before lansing on back battery . the duals will come off that battery to the amp so i am properly fused . box is 3cuft net . thats what dc recommends for their 12's . yes i know i could have sealed doors better never used deadener before and kinda learned as i went my next job would be significantly better . thanks for all comments and concerns

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.