Sign in to follow this  
QueSound15

Kenwood x1200m or soundstream tx1.2000?????

Hi, I am getting ready to buy an amp and was trying to decide between the 2 in the title 1. Kenwood x1200m or 2. soundstream tx1.2000

I am going to be powering an AQ HDC3 15" D1, Im going to be wiring it up to a 2 ohm load.

the kenwood does 1200 rms at a 2 ohm load, while the soundstream does 1300 rms at 2 ohms. i like the features of the kenwood but i also like soundstream products. I know the kenwood would be great in SQ but i am wanting good spl with my sub.

any input will be appreciated! Thanks

Vehicle....2004 Dodge neon sxt 4-door

H/U......Kenwood x595

Speaker amp....Old School Soundstream p205

Front Stage.....AQ 6.5" components

Rear Fill.....Vibe slick 3-way 6x9" coaxils

Subwoofer Amp......Hifonics zrx.2000.1D

Subwoofer....2 12" Soundqubed/Audioque SDC2.5's

Box.....custom 4.2 cubes tuned at ~36 Hertz

Kinetic HC2400 in trunk, interstate under hood, Big 3 in Cadence 0, Auditechnix 0 power

Stock 85amp alt

The Kenwood is a good amp. I use one at 2 ohms.....seems to give rated power and runs cool. It is CEA 2006 as well.

One other question (hopefully someone with experience with this amp will chime in)......who has run the x1200m at one ohm and how much power did it produce? Kenwood website says it is one ohm stable, but I have seen posts online that it is not recommended.

This is something to think of incase you later want to add a sub....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By jackattack
      1989 honda crx
      connecting kenwood kdc-mp245
      have to hardwire into car, no harness
      have the speaker and ground connections figured out.
      I need to know which connection goes where: connect the (Battery/YELLOW) wire and (Ignition/RED) wire INTO either the (RED/YELLOW Main stereo supply/radio switched 12v+) or the (WHITE/GREEN Constant power 12v+).
    • By rtull32
      I have just got 2 Kenwood KFC-w3012 subs and am not sure what type of amp to get to push both of them...I do not want to spend a fortune on an amp seeing as I still need a box for them however I do not want some crappy amp that is going to burn up within the first month...any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks ahead of time
    • By mrezstreet
      I sell all 3 brands, so i cant lose..lol I want to do a head to head on the sq subs. MTX is sending me a TS55 12, Kicker will send me a L5 12 as soon as the 2010 subs is out, and I am working on SOUNDSTREAM for a TSQ12 to.
      should I do both street beats and burps? or just 1
      1) boxes will be built to what the tec wants
      2) should i do a death match 2? how long can the last off same power?
      3) who are you voting for? and why?

If I can get stuff worked out w/ the city i run biz in... id like to have a spl comp 2! all same day
    • By bgolightly82
      Hey guys, new to caraudio.com so I apologize if this is a stupid post. Used to be heavy in the audio scene when I was a bit younger, but kinda fell off for a few years, seeing how I lost my license. But anyway, I'm back and looking to get it right the first time!
      So I've done a bit of research and I'm lookin for some advice.
      Got a 03 Grand Am (decent trunk space, but small interior opening). My thoughts on the layout:
      Headunit: JVC KW-AVX830 + 5.1 Processor (haven't done much checkin on the processor yet, any suggestions?
      Speakers: Not sure yet, always ran Pioneer, but I'm reading good things about like Focal and Infinity, etc...Open to suggestions for sure!
      Amps: 2) Soundstream DTower DTR1.1700 @ 1Ohm
      Subs: 2) RE MX12D1 in a 4 cu. ported box @ 33hz
      Batteries: 1) RedTop already under the hood, Adding a Kinetik 2400 to the rear
      Altenator: 220A HO + Big 3
      Wires: All Rockford wiring, always worked for me in the past!
      *Anything that you guys can add or comment to would be much appreciated! I used to be a JL man back in the day, but times have changed I see! They seem to be kinda at the bottom of the totem poll these days, lol.
      Thanks Guys!
    • By imanerd2
      hello....i have 2 12' Kenwood's (KFC Model),and a 1000 watt amp (Autotek AT1000model) i have a sony head unit and i think everything is wired right. My problem is that i think it should be ALOT!! louder then it is. I dont have the subs in an actual box they are sitting where my T-Tops should be in a piece of plywood, as you will see in my pics. Im not sure what the problem is, could it be that the subs and amp i have are crap?? any suggestions or ideas would help greatly. Thx Kessler [ATTACH=CONFIG]26520411[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26520412[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26520413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26520414[/ATTACH]