Kenwood x1200m or soundstream tx1.2000?????

Participant count
  • Participant list

QueSound15
10+ year member

I know a thing or two....
Hi, I am getting ready to buy an amp and was trying to decide between the 2 in the title 1. Kenwood x1200m or 2. soundstream tx1.2000

I am going to be powering an AQ HDC3 15" D1, Im going to be wiring it up to a 2 ohm load.

the kenwood does 1200 rms at a 2 ohm load, while the soundstream does 1300 rms at 2 ohms. i like the features of the kenwood but i also like soundstream products. I know the kenwood would be great in SQ but i am wanting good spl with my sub.

any input will be appreciated! Thanks

The Kenwood is a good amp. I use one at 2 ohms.....seems to give rated power and runs cool. It is CEA 2006 as well.

One other question (hopefully someone with experience with this amp will chime in)......who has run the x1200m at one ohm and how much power did it produce? Kenwood website says it is one ohm stable, but I have seen posts online that it is not recommended.

This is something to think of incase you later want to add a sub....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.