Show off your Konaki subs!

skylineTT
10+ year member

bass=sekz
The Konaki's used to be a budget boner a couple years back and fell off the face of the earth. I have a thing for beefy budget subs (I don't buy them, but I like window shoppin) so show em off! I realize that most of them probably blew up and got rebuilt or maybe tossed, but throw up any pics that you had. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif

Iv never heard of them. Were they more like the HFI or VVX of their time? Got the specs and some kind of time and price range?

they were same as aq,cadence,american bass, ect. ect.
Correct, everyone always spoke about them and AQ being almost exactly the same sub, but the Konaki's were a little less durable due to softpart differences or something like that..

Iv never heard of them. Were they more like the HFI or VVX of their time? Got the specs and some kind of time and price range?
Umm.. I think they were the forum Boner maybe 2 years ago or so. It was after the BTL Boner and before Skar. I believe they costed around 150-160 per sub for the 12's.

KO151507A.jpg

Yeah, I heard about people reconing them into something nice, although I want to say that somebody informed be that the motor didn't allow for many coil options. I'm not too sure what the deal was.

People were using DD 9500 recones in them for a while. DD wouldn't ship out recones without a valid serial number after they found out about it. Supposedly those Konakis were very close to a 9500 series. MUCH cheaper though.

IMAG0306.jpg

Was doing 45s+ out of the trunk on a planet audio bb2400,going to be getting these reconed soon.

Nice man, these are the types of pics I was looking for. Like Mitch said, a lot of guys were using the DD recones for them because of how similar they were. see if you can get your hands on some and you'll have some sick subs on the cheap!

late reply, i was searching around seeing if there were any left, found this thread, looking for something cheap to take power, it was a 12, was louder than hell for a summer till i blew it, reconed to an 18 and it has sat for like 2 years untouched as i dont want to put an 18 in my trunk now

SSPX0534.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.