Input on RE Audio?

-RYknow

Warped Mind
Hey guys. I'm looking at putting a 10" sub in my car. I've been doing some research and found RE Audio. Just wondering if anyone can tell me much about them? I'm interested in the RE Audio SE-X10. I'm just afraid that it might be kind of a junk sub, since there isn't a whole lot of information on them that I have found so far.

Just wondering if they are a good sub? Decent SQ? It will be going into a 02 Subaru Legacy GT. I haven't picked out an amp yet, but I'm looking at a MA Audio SS2400.2 amp.

Nothing here is set in stone, so feel free to suggest other things.

-RYknow

EDIT: Also looking at the Audiobhn Alum10j, any input on that sub?

MA audio is junk, besides a few amps.
Anything in their HK series good?

What are some good amps available? Not specific models, just manufacturers? The last time I put a system in my car was in 03. I've lost touch with this stuff a bit...lol

-RYknow

hmmm, No offense, but thats not a very good argument against RE Audio. That seems like a crappy install from the start. His amp blowing up clearly wasn't the subs fault..?

Not defending RE Audio...I don't own anything RE...but it's pretty obvious replacing a blown 100amp fuse with a 200amp fuse, wasn't a good choice.

-RYknow

All I keep hearing is that RE audio isnt what it used to be. The SE-x actually sounds pretty decent to me though...given I dont have much experience with "old RE" outside of the XXX
That is kinda what I'm wondering. I'm hoping a few more people are going to chime in. I'm really thinking about giving them a shot...just cause it's fairly cheap and I don't have a ton of money to throw at this setup.

I did just watch a couple videos of an Orion HCCA 10". That looks like a sick sub too... although it's way more expensive! lol

Any other current RE owners want to respond?

-RYknow

The "About had it with RE" is my thread... I realize replacing my 100a fuse with a 200a fuse was a bad idea it was all i had at the time. That being said, my sub is (sx18d2) is not too bad. It seems to be very will constructed for the short amount of time i had it hooked up. I cant really tell you about its full potential because the box i had built was too small.

I bought two re se/x's about two years ago, and there were quite nice. I sold them to my cousin after about a year of use and he's using them still today. And there just as loud as when I bought em. However, they look cheap, which leads one to believe they probably are. I had no issues and enjoyed them but I will not go back as I try not to run the same company twice but also they dont look any better now then a few years ago. Worse. I see them being sold for less and less all the time.

On that note, I've also heard the same with the hcca. Unless you get an older one, your buying crap. From what I hear

All I keep hearing is that RE audio isnt what it used to be. The SE-x actually sounds pretty decent to me though...given I dont have much experience with "old RE" outside of the XXX
I went from the SE to the SE-X, and it was a huge difference... :/

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

I'd love to hear some more of the older RE stuff because I keep hearing its worlds diff from the newer stuff

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.