old avalanche subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
i just got two old avalanche subwoofers and i need help finding out more about them because i cant find out any thing about them on the webs. they are 15inch subwoofers and they are about 6 1/2 inches deep. it says 400 watts and 4 ohms on the magnet. the dust cap says AVALANCHEusa in the middle and Made in the USA at the bottom of the dust cap

This was more then likely part of the USA sub boom from a while back when several various companies were building subs here in the us. Well at least assembling them anyway.(most were still china subs, even though they said made in USA on them haha)

The idea that we will know specs with out testing is less then ideal. I would say just go off a basic enclosure for subs of that time and see what the result is. I'm guessing a decent sized sealed enclosure will do "ok". With out knowing much else about them it is hard telling what it will like.

they came in a box that had small ports to begin with but i covered them up and i only paid $60 for the two of them and the box. they do like my friends old 800 watt kenwood amp so much we dont know what size fuse to next after it eats the fuse. the old owner did know what he was doing because they are in really good shape.

Nice 15s you got there, & in great shape for 20 yr old subs too! What u have here are part of local history my friend. They are Avalanche subwoofers made here in Dallas, Tx. Avalanche U.S.A. was a local car audio products manufacturer between the early 90s, when they started out making some real nice subs like those, until they went bankrupt for bad management in th late 90s. Those were the 1st product they made. They were compared to the great Petras from Arlington, to the orions and I'd say, even better than the RFs from that era. So if I was you I'd keep em and show em some good TLC. Remember, u don't need 10000 watts to make these subs sound great. And if u ever blow 'em , they're low cost to get em back to their original glory days! Oh, and for box, I'd recommend a 3.0 f3 sealed box. That's what sounded best when I used to sell the crap out of these subs! Good Day!

Do you mean 3 cubes each or 3 for the pair?

Nice 15s you got there, & in great shape for 20 yr old subs too! What u have here are part of local history my friend. They are Avalanche subwoofers made here in Dallas, Tx. Avalanche U.S.A. was a local car audio products manufacturer between the early 90s, when they started out making some real nice subs like those, until they went bankrupt for bad management in th late 90s. Those were the 1st product they made. They were compared to the great Petras from Arlington, to the orions and I'd say, even better than the RFs from that era. So if I was you I'd keep em and show em some good TLC. Remember, u don't need 10000 watts to make these subs sound great. And if u ever blow 'em , they're low cost to get em back to their original glory days! Oh, and for box, I'd recommend a 3.0 f3 sealed box. That's what sounded best when I used to sell the crap out of these subs! Good Day!

Do you mean 3 cubes each or 3 for the pair?
3 f3 each! if I remember correctly, spec said you could go all the way down to 1.5 f3 each; but I don't really recommend that unless u are short on space; But if that's the case, u can also use em in free air installations! Very versatile sub here my friend!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.