Anyone tried the JL w1v3's yet? Or am I the first, lol

SomeGuyDude
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm installing a 12 in my 2010 Honda Fit next weekend, so obviously I'm already gonna be doing this, I'm just curious if anyone else has experiences with 'em. The JL website doesn't even list the thing as a current product and I've seen NO reviews for it online.

I'd never get like a w7 or anything, but I really think their stuff has great SQ to it and the more "moderate" lines are pretty comfortably priced. I paid barely more than I would have on an Alpine Type R from the same shop.

And yes, I'm having a shop do it all for me. I did the self-install in the past, but currently I completely lack both the time and resources to do it on my own and feel that it's worth paying for the convenience.

Eh, no matter. I'll have it set up next week so I suppose I'll have the final answer for myself. And if the sub, somehow, fails to perform then I'll swap 'er out with something else. No big. We're talking about drivers in the $100-150 range, it's not like I'm dropping $800 for a dub7 or something.

Just would be nice to be able to chat about the product without the usual "OMG JL IS OVERPRICED CRAP" showing up. I was just curious because I think the thing only came out this month, so I was wondering if anyone had a chance to try 'er out yet.

W3 down dont have anything special SQ wise.. You paid more for a W1 then a Type R? Your proud of that?
My point was that we're not talking a load of cash here. Fairly low-ish end on the price spectrum.

Also worth mentioning I'm doing a small sealed enclosure and not aiming for straight output. If I just wanted it to boom I'd probably have gone for something else in a big-*** ported box. :p

Sealed, fairly small-ish. It's going in the trunk of a Honda Fit and I didn't want it to take up all my space. That's one reason I settled on this. If I had more space and wanted a ported enclosure I'd probably have gone with the aforementioned Type R or my go-to CVX's.

Sealed, fairly small-ish. It's going in the trunk of a Honda Fit and I didn't want it to take up all my space. That's one reason I settled on this. If I had more space and wanted a ported enclosure I'd probably have gone with the aforementioned Type R or my go-to CVX's.
How much power you giving it and on what amp?

Whatever matches. Right now it's gonna be an Alpine MRP-M500. I approached this "drivers first", if that makes sense. Get the amp to match the speakers.

Whatever matches. Right now it's gonna be an Alpine MRP-M500. I approached this "drivers first", if that makes sense. Get the amp to match the speakers.
If you can, try to grab a class A/B amp instead of a D. Much cleaner and more efficient.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.