why are my subs still so tight?

907tacokid
10+ year member

alright so i have two ten inch sonic soundlab transonic subs. rated to 700-900 rms each, there running off a hifonics brutus 2100rms amplifier running at 1 ohm.

i bought these subs back in february and have been using them daily sence.

there in a obcon box, dual chamber single port. tuned to aproximatly 34hz, with 1.42 cubes each chamber

just curious as to why there still so tight! after two months of playing my pioneer tens they were like a prostitues clam. you breathed on them and they would bottom out.

it takes aproximatly 20lbs to even make them move at all and im curious as to why they are still like that? they were bairly tighter when i first got them from the company.

any help would help!

Because now the cool thing to do with subs now is to make a REALLY tight suspension and a tough coil, and run a shitload of power to them. Yet still moving them the same amount as you would a cheap sub with a soft suspension with 1/4 the power.

Cool, right?

im trying to sell the subs and wanted to do a check on the terminals first, wanted to be nice to whoever buys them, the only problem i ever had with the subs was after two months the negative on each side of the subs came off because they didnt crimp them tight enough, so i took them apart and put new rings on them and crimped them right, just wanted to check and make sure they were still nice and tight before i sold them comonm curtasy, thats when i realized they were still so tight!

Because now the cool thing to do with subs now is to make a REALLY tight suspension and a tough coil, and run a shitload of power to them. Yet still moving them the same amount as you would a cheap sub with a soft suspension with 1/4 the power.

Cool, right?
ya that *****, i was only running the pioneers on 500 wats together, and im running these at 2000 wats together, but they move the same, difference is these ones are a ***** load louder than the pioneers,

You may need a bigger box to get the more out of your subs cause with a smaller enclosure the sub's are less efficient and won't move as much. The box says 1.64 but after sub displacement its prob like 1.5

Cool, right?
you forgot the strong motor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.