Installed head unit - Tuner works fine, but no sound for CD player or AUX??

Participant count
  • Participant list

the chef

So I had been using this Sony head-unit in my car for a while. Works great. Swapped it over to another car and the Tuner works and sounds great. When I put a CD in I hear it reading and it shows its playing but there is no sound. I then plugged in my iPod to Aux and again, no sound.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Are you running a 4 channel amp for all of your highs...or do you have a factory amplified system that needs to have the internal ampifier to play music....basically what it sounds like to me is that you attached the blue wire from the new players harness to the amp turn on and not the blue/white wire. The strait blue wire is power antenna and will shoot 12v when your listening to the FM radio, that 12v will turn your amps on...but only for radio, you need remote turn on (blue/white) which sends 12v when the headunit comes on...giving you sweet sound on any source....this might not be it, but seen it to many times

No additional amp for the speakers. Just a direct connection. So I need to check and see if my headunits blue wire is connected to the cars blue/white wire then?

Thanks for the help!

i agree you likely used the blue wire for factory amp turn-on and should have used the blue/white wire. the factory amp should be under the driver's seat.

this car requires a GMOS adapter for the Class II Data Bus. I assume you installed one?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Originally the Pontiac had a Pioneer head unit installed. What I did was swap the Pioneer into my car and put the medeocre Sony one back into the Pontiac. On the wiring harness for the Pontiac there is a large rectangular black box attached. Is that the GMOS?

What I'll do today is make sure the Blue wire from the Sony is connecting to a Blue/White wire and see if that does that trick.

no no, you want the blue/white from the sony connected to the amp turn on wire in the harness. do not connect the blue wire from the Sony - blue is power antenna. blue/white is amp turn-on. blue only has voltage when the radio is selected. blue/white has voltage whenever the head unit is on.

You guys are stinkin geniuses. That was the problem. I connected the blue/white from the Sony to the blue wire in the harness. Thanks so much for the help!

thanks for coming and asking the question, we're glad to help. luckily for us, it's a common problem. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.