clamping audiopipe 3000D

Bad4health
10+ year member

Hymen Removal Specalist
i just clamped my friends(my old) audiopipe 3000 and got some interesting results.

amp is rated 2000 at 4 ohm across both channels BUT i just got 1500 rms on 1 coil of a dc lvl 4xl AT 5.7 OHMS! 45hz sine

any nay sayers and ill post the video!

i just clamped my friends(my old) audiopipe 3000 and got some interesting results.
amp is rated 2000 at 4 ohm across both channels BUT i just got 1500 rms on 1 coil of a dc lvl 4xl AT 5.7 OHMS! 45hz sine

clipping? If not i would like to see a test at a lower impedance to see what it does..on video with clear views of the digital read outs if you could.

im not gunna run that amp at a lower imp. it wasnt my amp. if it blew i wasnt going to pay for another. so i kept it spec. vid within the hour

Sounds about right. I had similar results. Did you check power voltage? What clamp did you use?

im not gunna run that amp at a lower imp. it wasnt my amp. if it blew i wasnt going to pay for another. so i kept it spec. vid within the hour
The AP1500's are .5 stable and since the AP3k is essentially just two of those you should be able to run it strapped @ 1. Though with that kind of power you better have a good electrical to back it up..

The AP1500's are .5 stable and since the AP3k is essentially just two of those you should be able to run it strapped @ 1. Though with that kind of power you better have a good electrical to back it up..
the ap1500's are 1ohm stable actually. ap3k is 2ohm stable bridged.

What he means is that the 1500 can be wired down to .5 ohm but when people say shit like that, they don't think about impedance. its different from subs/amps/box/air/etc.

But OP was smart since it wasn't his amp.

understandable.

I may have to pick one up to test with. I'm sure it will only confirm my thoughts on them though.

understandable.
I may have to pick one up to test with. I'm sure it will only confirm my thoughts on them though.
I'll prob be throwing up my ap1500 in the classifieds one of these days since I won't be needing it for my next build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.