crack in subwoofer

ferric

hfgh
one of my 12" subwoofers has a nice crack in the plastic from the outside of the cone to the rim. I guess using them in 4 degree weather isn't smart. anyone have some tips to how I can repair it? I tried using super glue, but that doesn't work well at all suprisingly.

yeah cold weather and subs ain't a good mix, i have to let my subs warm up for like 20 to 30 mins up here in alaska. but hell i melted my voice coils in my subs anyway this past week oh well. good luck trying to fix your cracked sub,

i don't really know of anything really working properly if you do get something to hold let us know what it was, it would be good knowledge to have especially if some of us get a little carried away and miss with are screw drivers lol.

Ive done a repair once with epoxy. Took some time to dry, but once it was back in the car, sounded so much better.

It was in a sealed box, so fixing a leak sure helped tons.

Bill T.

U might want to chalk it up to inexperience(meaning playing the subs in the cold without letting them warm up)and get u a new sub.

i never said i didn't let them warm up- the volume was extremely low so I thought it wouldn't do any damage, but even really low volume cracked it

Well i didnt mean anything bad by that post.I just meant that u should just chaulk it up to experience and get urself a new one thats all.sometimes things happen and im not sure the glue thing will help ur cause.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.