L port design help

Participant count
  • Participant list

KylerRelyk
10+ year member

utah
So I want to make a custom box (for a jl 10w1v2-4) but I need to know if the square port length 2 if you are using reaudio's L ported speker box calculator of if "EL" if you're a jl fan can be to long. Basically can it be to long and if so how far away should it be from the box wall

(so far what i'm thinking)

width-18

height-13.5

top depth-10

bottom d-14.5

wood thickness-.75

I want a low 30's Fb

But I was hoping to make mine custom fit against the back seat and take up the least amount of space...

The picture will help explain

Red is what I want it to look like

Blue is where I'm worried it would be to close

Green is what I am wondering if it has to be like

photo.php

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1872787&l=aa4808df4e&id=1069217667

I'm asking that because the back wall is slanted, yet you plan on running your port along the back wall? That can't work because you won't be able to keep the same port dimensions that you started with.

yeah i will instead of attaching it the rear i'll slide it up then just cut the second parts top and bottom to the appropiate angles

I think I'll try it and if it turns out to be a fail then oh well then I'll revert back to jl's design and add the angled back thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.