Song Analyzer for Bass Notes

Free version of true RTA should do lowest octave. Just use an MP3 player into your mic jack or you might be able to just loop your headphone out into the mic input on your sound-card.

Where can I find a program that will take a song, analyze it, and tell me which frequency the bass notes are of said song?
I've been wondering where my favorite songs are hitting.
songs on your computer? audacity does that and if you want a real RTA, let me know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Audacity. Now I finally remember from way back when I used to be on here 24/7/365. I'll give that a try.

Edit: Just used it for a few minutes and couldn't figure out how to find the frequency of the bass notes. Someone hold my hand and walk me though it.

select 23.8 seconds of the track anywhere you want to check or select as much as you want and it will narrow it down to the first 23.8 seconds of the selection. Then go to analyze and plot spectrum. Then change linear frequency to log frequency. then change 512 to 16384.

select 23.8 seconds of the track anywhere you want to check or select as much as you want and it will narrow it down to the first 23.8 seconds of the selection. Then go to analyze and plot spectrum. Then change linear frequency to log frequency. then change 512 to 16384.

Bingo, you can choose any length of track actually.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.