• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Buck
5,000+ posts

little alien on campus
I've always heard that Mechman is good. They have a 270 amp for my Exlplorer, and I really want one. For my new system being planned now, I will have this alt. and 3 batcap 2000s, as well as the stock bat under the hood.

My amps are all eD. Here the fusing on each:

2x nine.1s = 240 amps

nine.2x = 90 amps

nine.2 = 50 amps

total = 380 amps

(I know I won't be drawing this much even at full volume)

Does that sound like a beefy enough electrical?

I have that exact alt for my 08 explorer, just haven't put it in yet since I sold my 3000d. I've been told nothing but good things about Mechman from friends that have used their alts and they're considerably cheaper than DC and Ohio Gen so that's why I chose them. Hoping to score an amp soon so I'll get back to you once the alt goes in.

DCPower. No comparison. Got my first order for my daily driver in less than a week. Then ordered two more for my Expedition. They both arrived in about a week. Strongest alts period..........idle, revved, whatever.......... And while you are searching, try to find where a DCPower alt has failed or not done rated power.

DCPower. No comparison. Got my first order for my daily driver in less than a week. Then ordered two more for my Expedition. They both arrived in about a week. Strongest alts period..........idle, revved, whatever.......... And while you are searching, try to find where a DCPower alt has failed or not done rated power.
Have you used Mechman?

I used Mechman complete garbage! I agree with slim2fattycake I had the exact same problem. Had it repaired, then maybe 2 months later crapped out again. I'm currently waiting on my DC Power alt. Oh and yes I did the Big 3 long before I put it in and currently running the same power on stock and no signs of it failing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...