Distance from port to back wall

Participant count
  • Participant list

CadillacMatt
10+ year member

Disturbing the Peace
I realize this has been discussed a lot, but I usually find many answers to this question.

The general consensus of 1/2 dia. of port distance from the rear wall is acceptable, right? I just wanted to get some second opinions before I chop my port tube down any.

As it stands, I will have anywhere from 3.5" to 4" of distance to the rear wall, would this be fine for an 8.75" port? I realize it's a little less than half of the port diameter. The back end WILL be flared, if it makes a difference... and it's an 18" woofer in about 6 cubes of space.

Thanks!

Pic: This is the setup, port hasn't been trimmed yet.

IMG00271-20100802-1906.jpg

We did 4 3512's in a Tahoe and the port was only about 2 inches away from the rear wall. It definitely still got loud. You could always just see how it effects sound just by moving it back and forth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.