So i bought the Image Dynamics CTX65's

Now i just want to hear how awesome they are from you guys (srs). I am pumped for what will hopefully be a great set of speakers. Smooth mids, nice sounding tweets.
Just install them and see for yourself!

Deaden your doors and the midbass will really come to life on them. You should really be pleased with them, i have been running mine for over a year and they sound awesome.

are you talkin about the coax ones or the ctx65cs ones? if we go by what you typed it's the coax ones which sound awesome my sister has 2 sets of them in her car ran of an Eclipse Cd7100 deck power.

I installed a set of CX62's in a 02 Tundra - doors fully sealed and deadened.

Tundradoors025.jpg

Tundradoors027.jpg

Tundradoors029.jpg

midbass and overall output are good. the tweeters are a bit bright, but with them off axis in the apillars it's decent. Not good enough for my personal tastes, but the owner is happy with the output. And considering they are 2 ohm drivers, they get more power from the amp.

The depth on these was WICKED though, door panel modifications are required for this vehicle.

Tundradoors007.jpg

Response with correlated pink noise and a 10" sub in a custom center console enclosure.

all_corr_pinknoise.jpg

I installed a set of CX62's in a 02 Tundra - doors fully sealed and deadened.
Tundradoors025.jpg

Tundradoors027.jpg

Tundradoors029.jpg

midbass and overall output are good. the tweeters are a bit bright, but with them off axis in the apillars it's decent. Not good enough for my personal tastes, but the owner is happy with the output. And considering they are 2 ohm drivers, they get more power from the amp.

The depth on these was WICKED though, door panel modifications are required for this vehicle.

Tundradoors007.jpg

Response with correlated pink noise and a 10" sub in a custom center console enclosure.

all_corr_pinknoise.jpg
an rta would help you set an eq right?

cheapest RTA setup (

- a laptop computer running TrueRTA with the unlock for 1/24 octave

- a USB mic preamp such like the MXLmate, or M-Audio, etc.

- a flat omni-directional mic - Behringer ECM8000 or Dayton Audio equal.

I use an Earthworks M50 mic, SoundDevices USBPre, and a custom built laptop with Goldwave and TrueRTA.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.